The Student Room Group

Who are the best rappers in the game right now?

Scroll to see replies

For me its got to be J cole
Original post by blablabla321
For me its got to be J cole

The answer of most teenage girls.....
Original post by ridwan12
How did I guess that your a female........

lol

Why is that funny? does this somehow make my opinion invalid.
The answer of most teenage girls.....

Have you actually listened to any of his mixtapes or albums? There is no need for you to be such a snob
Why is that funny? does this somehow make my opinion invalid.

No, I wasn't directly refering to you, I was just making a point.

Are you going to deny that i'm correct, becuse you know I'm correct.
(edited 9 years ago)
Have you actually listened to any of his mixtapes or albums? There is no need for you to be such a snob

Yes I have
No, I wasn't directly refering, I just a point I was making.

Are you going to deny that i'm correct.

I don't know if its correct because I haven't met every teenage girl unlike you apparently...
Yes I have

Fair enough
I don't know if its correct because I haven't met every teenage girl unlike you apparently...

Atleast if you're going to accuse me of something get it right I said "most"......

Why are you so angry, I already said it wasn't directed at you, it's just most j.cole fans only know work out and power trip.
Reply 29
Andre 3000, surprised no one has mentioned him, for everyone saying Kendrick, he's amazing, but who d'you think he's gotten his style from?
Atleast if you're going to accuse me of something get it right I said "most"......

Why are you so angry, I already said it wasn't directed at you

aha sorry I thought it was a dig towards me but looks like a misunderstanding now
Are you serious........... Kendrick is not overrated and actually under rated GKMC is not his only ablum, section.80 is just as good yet hardly anyone knows about it.

Being funny and wild does not make you a good rapper, lil wayne is funny and wild yet is probably the worst i've heard (post-the cater iii)

Don't argue with me. Lil Wayne is neither funny nor wild. He is an eccentric criminal. Tyler is not. He even respects not being legal to drink. And unless you've heard Tyler beyond "Yonkers" you wouldn't argue with me. His personality is always in his music and lyrics. He is very intelligent and unique, and his music is like him: funny and wild.

And Kendrick is overrated. Overrated means, hyped up beyond proven skill. That is Kendrick.
Original post by Hula&Tequila&Me
Don't argue with me. Lil Wayne is neither funny nor wild. He is an eccentric criminal. Tyler is not. He even respects not being legal to drink. And unless you've heard Tyler beyond "Yonkers" you wouldn't argue with me. His personality is always in his music and lyrics. He is very intelligent and unique, and his music is like him: funny and wild.

And Kendrick is overrated. Overrated means, hyped up beyond proven skill. That is Kendrick.

LOOOOOOOOOOL, do you have anger problem's... it was an honest question. Also I heard much of his work,

Kendrick Lamar is not overrated and you obviously haven't listened to any of his work outside of poetic justice, don't kill my vibe or swimming pools. Kendrick Lamar is one of the most under rated artist's, he's not hyped up beyond proven skill either. He is one of the best lyricist's alive up their with the likes of Nas and Eminem. He isn't dependent on comedy, is intelligent and humble person. Go listen to section.80 and Good kid mad city album's you'll see that his rap has a meaning behind it.

I'm not denying Tyler the creator is a good rapper but tries too hard to be funny. He's eccentric, being a centaur in a video is not funny. Being funny (not really though) does not make you a great rapper either.

Tyler the creator can't touch Kendrick's level and anyone including him will tell you that.

I'll argue with you if you want, it's called freedom of speech.
Hate his personality and his arrogance, but Kanye is the best.

Graduation, best album ever 10/10. Literally every song on that album is amazing. Anyone who disagrees, listen to "homecoming". Then come back to me and we shall discuss how good Kanye really is, independent of the type of person he is.

We are discussing purely music, although he is a douchebag by consistently saying how much of a creative genius he is, i dont actually think he's wrong. Musically, no one comes close nowadays.
LOOOOOOOOOOL, do you have anger problem's... it was an honest question. Also I heard much of his work,

Kendrick Lamar is not overrated and you obviously haven't listened to any of his work outside of poetic justice, don't kill my vibe or swimming pools. Kendrick Lamar is one of the most under rated artist's, he's not hyped up beyond proven skill either. He is one of the best lyricist's alive up their with the likes of Nas and Eminem. He isn't dependent on comedy, is intelligent and humble person. Go listen to section.80 and Good kid mad city album's you'll see that his rap has a meaning behind it.

I'm not denying Tyler the creator is a good rapper but tries too hard to be funny. He's eccentric, being a centaur in a video is not funny. Being funny (not really though) does not make you a great rapper either.

Tyler the creator can't touch Kendrick's level and anyone including him will tell you that.

I'll argue with you if you want, it's called freedom of speech.

Anger problems. I never rose my voice/caps, cussed or what. And argue with me if you want, I didn't mean don't argue with me. I mean how can I stop you. I can ignore you that's for sure. And I'm going to ignore what you have to say because telling me what I have or haven't listened to is just ridiculous. You don't know me from Adam or Eve, kid. Listen to who you want, I stated my opinion and you want to give me a spiel. Lamar is basic, Wayne is retarded. You wanna talk to me about who I listen to. Go on, I'm proud not to be filled with this rap poison anyway. But apparently you don't listen to Tyler so you can't debate his skills, you just want to babble about centaurs. Don't bother responding, I won't read.
Reply 35
Eminem is GOAT in my opinion. Best ever.

- Eminem
- Kendrick
- The Game
- Ab Souls
- Immortal Technique
- Royc da 5ft 9

Rappers who are focused on Rapping
Original post by woztar
Okay, let me begin by saying Mac Miller is extremely overrated and is not one of the best rappers at the moment.

possibly in the US i dont know many in the UK whove even heard of mac. but that may be down to where i reside
Young Thug.
Freddie Gibbs.
Blu.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 0range
Andre 3000, surprised no one has mentioned him, for everyone saying Kendrick, he's amazing, but who d'you think he's gotten his style from?

Because OP said right now.

3 Stacks is the best rapper without an album. Maybe tied with Jay Elec.
Original post by 0range
Andre 3000, surprised no one has mentioned him

He's done nothing for the best part of a decade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending