The Student Room Group

Graduate dentistry in Aberdeen

Hi all,

I would like to know who else is going to study dentistry at Aberdeen next year?

Also a shout out to the current dental students who may have some tips on accommodation/studying in Aberdeen (would appreciate a heads up on what you wish you had known before you had started and done whilst studying).

I also want to know if you have time for other things part of the university, so what's the daily schedule like?

I understand that existing accommodation are both a 30/40 minutes walk away from the dental school. Does this bother any of you? (I hear it's an uphill walk). The other options are private rent or unite halls further away.

Ideally I would like to stay in the university halls because that's easiest and I would like to meet other students but I do worry that I will be the one working all evening whilst everyone's out (I would like a balance).

Thank you, I appreciate any comments or information people could give me.
Hi mate. I will be studying dentistry this year hopefully. Ive heard accommodation is expensive though. Probably going to drive up in the next day or 2 hopefully to check it out.
Original post by blslb2011
Hi mate. I will be studying dentistry this year hopefully. Ive heard accommodation is expensive though. Probably going to drive up in the next day or 2 hopefully to check it out.

It does look to be expensive >_< but what can you do

and let me know which halls you're thinking of applying to!
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm starting in September too! I'll be living in private accom I think because I know someone else moving to Aberdeen too!
Original post by irishdentalapp
I'm starting in September too! I'll be living in private accom I think because I know someone else moving to Aberdeen too!

that's so lucky!
Hi Mate. Sorry for late reply. Yeah I had some accommodation sorted about a month ago next to The Spital. About 1/2 hour walk from the school. I then got a message last week from landlord saying he cant rent the flat due to personal issues. Im looking for something else now. I am a bit stuck but what can you do. Are you living in halls? is anyone living in halls this year?
Hi I'm studying dentistry this year also. I am staying at the old firestation building that I found on the students unite web page, I haven't seen it yet but it looks pretty decent. I'm not sure if there's any rooms left though.
Hi guys,

I just graduated from medicine at Aberdeen, but the medics and dentists share a campus :smile: Getting accom really near Foresterhill is pretty tricky (if you really want to leave nearby, try Kittybrewster and Ashgrove areas), so most people live a while away and walk 30mins+ into uni each day. Aberdeen tends not to be too rainy so it's not a bad walk! There are grad halls at Hillhead if you want cheap straightforward accom without living with teenagers, or Unite have several sites across the city that are all a reasonable distance from the hospitals.

Let me know if you have any other questions about studying in Aberdeen :smile:
Reply 8
Hey guys!

I am starting at Aberdeen Dental School this year too. I am staying in the Rosemount area, but I have stayed at the Old Fire Station before during undergrad it was good and clean approximately 3-4 years ago! They have had a recent revamp from what it seems so I am sure it still will be.

:smile:
Hi 😃

Oh really, that's good then! 😊 I'm looking forward to starting! Do you know anyone else who is starting dentistry this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a Facebook group yet? Might be handy to set one up!
Yeah I think that would be a good idea! I'm not sure how to set up a group page though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://www.facebook.com/groups/291234777666945
If this link doesn't work just search university of aberdeen dentistry 2014
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Hi guys,

I just graduated from medicine at Aberdeen, but the medics and dentists share a campus :smile: Getting accom really near Foresterhill is pretty tricky (if you really want to leave nearby, try Kittybrewster and Ashgrove areas), so most people live a while away and walk 30mins+ into uni each day. Aberdeen tends not to be too rainy so it's not a bad walk! There are grad halls at Hillhead if you want cheap straightforward accom without living with teenagers, or Unite have several sites across the city that are all a reasonable distance from the hospitals.

Let me know if you have any other questions about studying in Aberdeen :smile:

hey, what was your first degree? and how does the application process work? I am hoping to join next september.

Quick Reply

Latest