The Student Room Group

Ladies - Would you date a guy your age (or slightly older) who looks a lot younger th

Poll

Ladies - Would you date a guy your age/slightly older who looks a lot younger than u?

I was just wondering, if you're on a date or having a random conversation with some guy you quite like, you aren't instantly always aware of their age at first (if the question doesn't come up), so a lot of assumptions are made by the way they look/dress/behave etc at first.

For example if a guy you really liked had the mature look but actually was your age or few years younger, would that put you off him?

Similarly if there was a guy who you weren't too sure of because "he looked young" "boyish" certainly younger than yourself by 3-4 years (maybe even more), but turned out to be your age or a year or two older, would that change your opinion about him in anyway?

I suppose the question I'm getting at is that age is really just a number after all, and therefore is the age of which they appear/act sometimes more important than their supposed "official" age when it comes to dating?

I'm aiming this question particularly at women in their 20s or older really. I don't know if this question is applicable to teens on here (simply because a 19 year old girl dating a 15 year old guy isn't a done thing!) but you can answer as if you were that situation hypothetically sometime when older.

Scroll to see replies

Good question! I'm looking forward to the responses, because although I'm 25, I've been told I look younger and have the boyish looks and physique you said. When I'm with my brother who's 20, everyone thinks he's the older one. At school and uni it's no problem because everyone knows your age based on the year you're in. Now it's a different ball game outside of education. So I'm curious to see what the ladies think. :biggrin:
Uuuumm, I like men who are a bit older than me (by 4 years) and who look their age....
but if it is a 25 year old guy who looks 21 or 19....sure, why not?
Reply 3
Girls usually prefer older guys.
Plus, your poll doesn't fulfill my criteria. I want a guy who is older than me and looks his age or younger and acts his age or older.
Kindly diversify it. :h:
Original post by Hellcat12
Plus, your poll doesn't fulfill my criteria. I want a guy who is older than me and looks his age or younger and acts his age or older.
Kindly diversify it. :h:
no youre too picky go away.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
no youre too picky go away.

Picky? I didn't ask for much.....there are a million men like that. :curious:
Picky? I didn't ask for much.....there are a million men like that. :curious:

theres billions of people on this earth...meeting them all is another thing

youre being picky..its about how many yeh can realistically meet

best of luck with that kid
theres billions of people on this earth...meeting them all is another thing

youre being picky..its about how many yeh can realistically meet

best of luck with that kid

Oh dear Lord! :facepalm:
So it's a sin to have preferences, old man/woman?

be as picky as yeh like but leave the op alone

hes not gonna change it for miss picky here p

couldnt care less about you and your love life otherwise
be as picky as yeh like but leave the op alone

hes not gonna change it for miss picky here p

couldnt care less about you and your love life otherwise

Oh wow, as of I am on my knees begging for the OP to add what I want? I am just asking him to make the poll unbiased.

Why such a sour pod? Obviously he cares about what women prefer or wouldn't create this thread in the first place.
SECONDLY, since when did I drag my love life into the discussion? This is a free world and even if I post the most undesirable content, it shouldn't make your crotch itch so much.
Oh wow, as of I am on my knees begging for the OP to add what I want? I am just asking him to make the poll unbiased.

Why such a sour pod? Obviously he cares about what women prefer or wouldn't create this thread in the first place.
SECONDLY, since when did I drag my love life into the discussion? This is a free world and even if I post the most undesirable content, it shouldn't make your crotch itch so much.
again do what yeh want
your request is confusing and too long
sounds rather picky too
lets leave it at that yeh

howya getting on today anyways
GO AWAY! :cheers::catfight::chicken:

Relax, he was teasing you a bit because you were being a bit demanding and kinda derailing the convo :h:

I think in answer to the OP it would surely be more about if they acted older? That way they get to live a bit longer and they're already older acting :awesome:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
What if a girl wants a guy whom is her age but looks older?

You need to cover all options :tongue:
Original post by lee1985
What if a girl wants a guy whom is her age but looks older?

You need to cover all options :tongue:

No he doesn't, he was asking a specific question :facepalm:

e.g.:

Him: Should I buy the white t shirt or the blue t shirt?

You: You didn't offer pink as an option you need to offer all options

The OP wanted to know the answer to a hypothetical question, answer it or don't. :dontknow:
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Relax, he was teasing you a bit because you were being a bit demanding and kinda derailing the convo :h:

I think in answer to the OP it would surely be more about if they acted older? That way they get to live a bit longer and they're already older acting :awesome:

exactly I put it poorly after but you got it down to a tee

I learnt my lesson tho..all yeh get is arguments p
I prefer older!! I've dated younger ones and they've been so immature!! Gave me headaches!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If women dated guys older than them and they are sure they are decent and can support themselves and their girl...then why not? If they looked of a similar age to their girls then that's even better.

At the end of the day it's up to women to decide. If they know what they are doing then more power to them.
If he's hot and legal it's fine by me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending