The Student Room Group

Is year 9 and year 13 relationships normal?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lilyghz
Leave them be. It only seems strange now because they're both still studying but a 5 year age gap isn't really strange if you think about it. If they last long it'll be completely fine when he's 25 and she's 20.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A 5 year age gap makes a difference when you're that young, especially from a legal point of view. I've had a friend get someone deported because she was going out with them when she was 14 and they were over 18. I don't think the court that deported him thought it was strange just because they were studying :rolleyes:
Just let them do what they gotta do,its their right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they're practising any sort of sex then no because it's illegal as she is under-aged and he is legal age for consensual sex. Chances are she is going to regret this because I highly doubt he is serious about her, he'll have sex with her because she is young and naive enough to fall in love and think he loves her he will then move on she will be heartbroken and he will shag someone else.

No I could be wrong and he could care for her but it's still illegal and it should not be happening.
If my 13/14 year old daughter were in a relationship with somebody who was 18, I'd NOT be okay with that, not at all.
Reply 24
Now then, now then..
Well some people do like them young...
Reply 26
It's illegal if they are having sex, 5 year age gap is ok if you're over 18.
Original post by Anonymous
My friend is more mature for her age and is younger than the rest of us but she is in a relationship with a lad who is nearly 18. She is just moving up to gcse and he is off to uni. I think the whole situation is weir but they have a great and loving relationship but it is just getting creepy and I'm worried she's going to get herself in trouble. Helppppp

Can be considered pedophilia when he turns 18 as she'll be 14.
How very predatory.
Original post by Anonymous
My friend is more mature for her age and is younger than the rest of us but she is in a relationship with a lad who is nearly 18. She is just moving up to gcse and he is off to uni. I think the whole situation is weir but they have a great and loving relationship but it is just getting creepy and I'm worried she's going to get herself in trouble. Helppppp

It's not unheard of (indeed in most schools you'll get sexually active 14/15 year olds going for the older guys with cars ect..) but it is weird, especially if he's known her a while. I mean an 18 year old going for jail-bait with a 15 year old is one thing but at 14 she's at least a year underage. I suppose when judging the OP the question that's important is really whether she's an innocent flower or he's with somebody who was already the town bicycle.
Original post by Daniellejo.
Creepy.

Do his friends know he's with a 13/14 yr old?
When I was year 12 one of my mates was with a girl in year 10 and got it ripped out of him. If it was your situation I imagine the ripping would've veered from the friendly to being genuinely concerned.

When you're at the younger end it can seem 'cool', but people at the older end will just see the person as being weird. I personally don't think it seems right regardless of how 'loving' the relationship seems. If they liked each other that much they could wait a couple of years and see if they feel the same. They shouldn't be wanting the same thing at the moment.

Sorry the late reply, yes the whole school know. A year 12 and year 10 relationship is seen as perfectly fine in my school
Original post by coldhell
They probably don't even know what 'love' means. I don't think that relationship is gonna last. It's just hormones that's messing up with their heads and therefore make irrational decisions. What worries me even more is does this guy even love your friend? Or is he using her? Or even worse is he doing it because having sex with wider range of girls would be deemed to be cool and therefore would be honoured the title of a 'true lad'?

Again sorry for the late reply, but I don't think they are in love and both that I know of are virgins, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was just lying so they wouldn't get in trouble.
Reply 33
Original post by ridwan12
Can be considered pedophilia when he turns 18 as she'll be 14.

nope
Original post by hello101010
nope

ok..............
ok..............

you don't know what paedophilia is, stop spreading misinformation
Original post by hello101010
you don't know what paedophilia is, stop spreading misinformation

And you do.
And you do.

I do, yes.
Reply 39
ok..............

You either need to go and learn about puberty, or you need to go and learn about the difference between paedophilia and 'having sex with someone under the legal age of consent'. Possibly both, I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending