The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Current Hallam Student (just finished first year) and 2014 Freshers Rep here. (AMA)

Any questions about hallam, reply to this thread and I'll try and answer them. My course is Computer Security with Forensics (BSc) btw
Hello

Am from London and am going Sheffield hallam uni this sep 2014 I just want to know what its like am going to do Bsc aeronautical engineering
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello am coming to Hallam in sept 14 for Physiotherapy course. Are the sports facilities good? As i am interested in sports. Thanx :smile:
Reply 3
I've not seen the sporting facilities personally but I've heard good things about the recently built sports park.

How you find the university itself will vary depending on your course. The city centre is quite run-down but the nightlife is pretty good (and cheap!)
Reply 4
Original post by andyroob
Any questions about hallam, reply to this thread and I'll try and answer them. My course is Computer Security with Forensics (BSc) btw

Hey I'm studying computer security and forensics too but in September how's the course I'm soo nervous I don't kno anybody who has dove the course.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Y44SRX
Hey I'm studying computer security and forensics too but in September how's the course I'm soo nervous I don't kno anybody who has dove the course.

The first year isn't too bad. It's set up in a way that it's pretty difficult to fail. Is there any particular aspect of the course you're worried about?
Reply 6
job wise at the end and is the course exciting thank u mate
Reply 7
Well the uni focuses a lot on employability and the course gives you the opportunity to gain qualifications that'll get you work in the real world (supposedly). The course is fairly hands-on but some of the maths parts get a little tedious.
What is freshers week like? Is there other events than just going out at night?
Reply 9
yes, the student union runs fairs mon-friday where you have the chance to join societies, find out about volunteering .etc. lots of freebies to be had too. I'll post below a link to the student union website with the details of the 2013 freshers week. I'll keep you updated when I have more info on 2014. There'll also be course inductions and enrollment to attend during welcome week

http://hallamunion.org/hallamfreshers/
yes, the student union runs fairs mon-friday where you have the chance to join societies, find out about volunteering .etc. lots of freebies to be had too. I'll post below a link to the student union website with the details of the 2013 freshers week. I'll keep you updated when I have more info on 2014. There'll also be course inductions and enrollment to attend during welcome week

http://hallamunion.org/hallamfreshers/

Do these fairs and stuff overlap with course induction days?
Reply 11
They do but you should have chance to go to any fairs you want to :smile:

Hello do you know anything about opal 1 accomidation? Things like if Ye shower needs a shower curtain? Ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by GabyJohnson
Hello do you know anything about opal 1 accomidation? Things like if Ye shower needs a shower curtain? Ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I havent seen opal but I'd imagine that if a shower curtain is necessary it'll be provided

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending