The Student Room Group

I think this 55/60 year old man is hitting on me... What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

I am not sure how I can explain why age comes into it without sounding incredibly rude. How should I go about it?
Reply 21
he's a creepy old guy, block him, simple as that.
Original post by Anonymous
I am not sure how I can explain why age comes into it without sounding incredibly rude. How should I go about it?

Honestly, I can't think of a way to word it without being rude. Having someone almost three times your age come on to you is pretty inappropriate and creepy (and I'm guessing not a particularly nice feeling) so I guess that's the only way to put it.

You don't even really need to focus too much on the age thing, you don't want him to come on to you and you don't owe it to him to put up with it, just tell him you don't like it and you want it to stop.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

I'd just go ahead and block him now, if I were you, otherwise he'll continue to make excuses and attempt to appear innocent. Don't give him the chance to do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He sounds very odd and creepy, and is coming on VERY strong.

If you want to, block him - it doesn't seem like he's getting the hint.

And I highly doubt a phone would autocorrect cuteness to cute arse...
Reply 25
Original post by Twinport53
I think it is weird that a man that age is talking too you regardless. He isn't family or a friend, and he is no longer your boss. Even if he was, he shouldn't be talking too you in a none professional way. Get rid. Just block him.

What is he realistically going to do? Tell other people a young girl has stopped talking too him late at night?

"That age"? You make him sound as if he's 200 years old.
lmao this so funny :hahaha:
Reply 27
Original post by Stinkum
"That age"? You make him sound as if he's 200 years old.

Hahahahahahahahahah no.

20 year old girl, 60 year old man? Yeah atleast its normal and he makes her feel comfortable and not at all awkward aswell. :yy:
I've been hit on by old guys a lot and I don't mind up to 55, tbh. I don't know what I just read actually :rofl: I can't stop laughing...

This one really did it for me:

My thing is: I'm surprised he's over 50 & knows how to use this.
Reply 29
Pretty awkward situation to be in, blocking him would be the most reasonable way to go about this.
Reply 30
Hahahahahahahahahah no.

20 year old girl, 60 year old man? Yeah atleast its normal and he makes her feel comfortable and not at all awkward aswell. :yy:

Again...nothing wrong with that. If you said 12 year old girl, 90 year old man....then yeah, I would think that's extremely weird. But at 20, she's a fully mature adult. At 60, he's a mature gentleman. Age really has nothing to do with this whole discussion and needs to be overlooked entirely. It's more important to focus on what's actually going on. It's creepy behaviour regardless of age. Would you really think any differently if it was a 20 year old boy sending those messages?
Reply 31
Original post by Stinkum
Again...nothing wrong with that. If you said 12 year old girl, 90 year old man....then yeah, I would think that's extremely weird. But at 20, she's a fully mature adult. At 60, he's a mature gentleman. Age really has nothing to do with this whole discussion and needs to be overlooked entirely. It's more important to focus on what's actually going on. It's creepy behaviour regardless of age. Would you really think any differently if it was a 20 year old boy sending those messages?

So you think it's ok with a 40 year age gap? And then saying cute ass and pretending it was meant too be cuteness?

Aye righto buddy :yy:
Reply 32
So you think it's ok with a 40 year age gap? And then saying cute ass and pretending it was meant too be cuteness?

Age gap here means nothing. Like I already said, she's a fully mature adult, well into her adult years. She's not 12!! And 60 isn't old for a man, not even. Okay, if you smoke a lot and eat a lot of carbs and you really let yourself go, you're going to appear old regardless of what you do. But generally, 60 for a man is nothing. Let me know when he hits 80 yeah, then we can talk.
Reply 33

She's an adult, he's an adult; there's nothing wrong with adults having sex, whatever the age gap :rolleyes:

Only problem here is that OP is uncomfortable; honestly, just be straight with the guy, but not rude, and make it clear that you don't want anything! :wink:
Reply 34
Original post by Stinkum
Age gap here means nothing. Like I already said, she's a fully mature adult, well into her adult years. She's not 12!! And 60 isn't old for a man, not even. Okay, if you smoke a lot and eat a lot of carbs and you really let yourself go, you're going to appear old regardless of what you do. But generally, 60 for a man is nothing. Let me know when he hits 80 yeah, then we can talk.

God help you.
Original post by Stinkum

This isn't creepy. He's flirting. As in the OP she mentioned age for a reason. Clearly he being much older than presumably her it makes it creepy. If a hot or average young guy was saying the stuff it wouldn't be half as gross or hilarious :rofl:
Reply 36
Original post by Ceryni
She's an adult, he's an adult; there's nothing wrong with adults having sex, whatever the age gap :rolleyes:

Only problem here is that OP is uncomfortable; honestly, just be straight with the guy, but not rude, and make it clear that you don't want anything! :wink:

Yes and it is the age difference making her uncomfortable you spoon and then on top of that he is coming onto her :facepalm2:
Reply 37
This is so ****ed up and creepy on a new level :indiff:

Block that ****er and ignore him
Reply 38
Yes and it is the age difference making her uncomfortable you spoon and then on top of that he is coming onto her :facepalm2:

Oh wow, I didn't realise???

:rolleyes:

He's being pretty obvious that he's looking for sex; there's no reason to get all hufty pufty about it and call him "creepy and disgusting" - hooking up is a pretty common thing!! She can just make it clear that it ain't happening :cool:

Spoiler

I think ppl think it's creepy because they're posting off the impression of the OP purposefully mentioning the age in the title. If she hadn't done that I'm positive people would ask her what the big deal is. So it is about the age to the OP that is, granted, making her uneasy.

However, I don't see anything wrong with the nature of the texts, OP must not be used to guys flirting or being thirsty. I also don't see an issue with his age honestly if she is over 20. There is nothing wrong with it, what is the big deal with a guy being interested or older? Holy shirt people relax.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending