The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
Denatured ?You must be pretty hot for that to happen :tongue::wink:.

You are on fire buddy! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak

That's my boy!
Original post by Kadak

Nicely done my friend :sexface:
Original post by Renzhi10122
Do you know if all the letters are the same? Cos I remember receiving an A5 brown letter for my piano diploma, which meant I failed, since if I had passed, I would've gotten an A4 white one, with certificate. And so I knew immediately that I had failed

I had an A5 envelope for interview but an A4 envelope for the offer, so it varies from college to college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Everyone's letters are different as I can remember. Some were big and small and it did vary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ShellySpielberg
I had an A5 envelope for interview but an A4 envelope for the offer, so it varies from college to college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah k, thanks
Original post by C0balt
You're one beautiful girl :tongue:
I would follow you but I don't use my account so lol I will follow you when I get back to Twitter some time hah

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colondollar: be sure to do so! It'd be great to know you outside of TSR :wink:
Original post by enaayrah
:colondollar: be sure to do so! It'd be great to know you outside of TSR :wink:

The thing is my account is all in my language so you'd have no idea what I'm saying :tongue: i might make an English account to use for crying after exam :lol:
Original post by Kadak
Dunno whether to say you suit the dress or the dress suits you:h:.Anyway,you and that dress probably one of the best examples of a enzyme substrate complex :smile:,definately complementing each other.

Original post by Kadak

I think you'd be a necessity if one was trying to pull in Cambridge :wink: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak

:rofl:

Small reminder that this is the 'Cambridge Applicants' thread, not the 'Pick Up Line' contest thread :lol:
Original post by C0balt
The thing is my account is all in my language so you'd have no idea what I'm saying :tongue: i might make an English account to use for crying after exam :lol:

:lol: I will support you and we can cry together :cry:
Original post by Number Nine
How was your interview experience? (Sorry if you're already answered this before :colondollar:)

It was really good actually. First I had a test(went incredible somehow got everything right) then In my first interview everything was great until the end where I got stuck and started waffling as the last question was pretty hard but then it clicked and told them what wS going on. Second interview was perfect aswell got everything right and they said 'we tried to cinfise you but it didnt work' so i knew that was good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!

I know that most of you on here are doing A-levels but I was wondering if anyone can advise me about my current Scottish Highers & Advanced Highers situation?

I was planning on taking 3 Advanced Highers next year (Chemistry, Physics and Maths) and I want to do an additional 2-3 Highers (Human Biology, Psychology and either Spanish or German) but I'm not quite sure if that's doable since I need to get all A's (preferably all A1's) if I want to go on and do Medicine at Cambridge. I'm expecting on getting AAAAB this year (the B is for Maths) and so I feel like I need to do the extra Highers just to make up for that dreadful B (it's my first B too!). I also have American High School qualifications (no SATs though) and an IB certificate with 6's and 7's (basically I did the first year of the IB dipoma programme but not the second) so I hope that with all of those qualifications I might still have a shot at Cambridge but like I asked earlier, is that really doable, doing all of those Advanced Highers AND Highers at the same time? Do you guys think that I might still have a shot at Cambridge?

All advice and opinions appreciated! Thank you! :smile:
It was really good actually. First I had a test(went incredible somehow got everything right) then In my first interview everything was great until the end where I got stuck and started waffling as the last question was pretty hard but then it clicked and told them what wS going on. Second interview was perfect aswell got everything right and they said 'we tried to cinfise you but it didnt work' so i knew that was good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was your interview about logic-based stuff or deeper, step-by-step type Maths? I guess that if it was the former, it might have been more truly a test of how and applicant thinks, rather than what they know?
Original post by Wawasan
Was your interview about logic-based stuff or deeper, step-by-step type Maths? I guess that if it was the former, it might have been more truly a test of how and applicant thinks, rather than what they know?

Well from what I can remember out of all the problems No knowledge was required literally except for simple things like expressions for sum of geometric series.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well from what I can remember out of all the problems No knowledge was required literally except for simple things like expressions for sum of geometric series.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any idea of rough numbers on how many interviewees and offers given?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

A friend I know got sent an email with two topics; roots of unity or integration by parts and got asked to pick one to talk about. This was at Caius. Don't know if they do it differently at other colleges.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TirnanF
Any idea of rough numbers on how many interviewees and offers given?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Statistics on several years (including 2015 entry) are on the Cambridge website. It shows numbers of applicants/offers/pools
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Protoxylic
A friend I know got sent an email with two topics; roots of unity or integration by parts and got asked to pick one to talk about. This was at Caius. Don't know if they do it differently at other colleges.

Oh I wouldve gone with parts. Although roots of unity is very interesting aswell.
But yh I think my Dos is group theory so she leaned towards logics based stuff and number theory wherease ny other interviews leaned towards mechanics and equations more so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Protoxylic
Statistics on several years (including 2015 entry) are on the Cambridge website. It shows numbers of applicants/interviews/offers/pools

I swear it doesnt show interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Renzhi10122
Do you know if all the letters are the same? Cos I remember receiving an A5 brown letter for my piano diploma, which meant I failed, since if I had passed, I would've gotten an A4 white one, with certificate. And so I knew immediately that I had failed

Type/size of envelope varies from college to college but as a general rule, offer one is thicker because it usually contains some documents to explain about some procedures for accepting the offer, etc. and/or a form or two for your to sign, while a rejection one is thin as it only contain a piece of paper to let you know you were rejected. So when it arrives, the envelope feels like there's more than one page of letter inside, you got offer. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending