The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9260
Original post by Zer0.
Hopefully, what course are you aiming to apply for; what A Level's are you studying?

I study maths, further maths, physics, economics, music and portuguese :smile: The course is interesting. I was set on maths for ages, and then had an engineering phase, now considering Music. It kinda keeps changing, i'll probably only know for certain on results day. How about you? Course and alevels?
I absolutely love OCR biology. I just did a past paper and missed out 10 marks of the paper because I wanted to write out model answers for it- even with missing out 10 marks of the paper, I still got an A :lol:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

LSE is the best for econ so I don't blame you.

By what criteria do you say this?
Cambridge is harder to get into, most of us had LSE offers, those who didn't get offers went to LSE.
The teaching at Cambridge is by small supervision system from good quality tutors and mostly excellent lecturers. At LSE the tutorials are by postgrad students and lecturer quality is quite poor. You see lots of comments that the undergrad teaching is not so good.
Cambridge is a wonderful place to spend three years in with the college environment. London is expensive, there is no proper campus environment and LSE especially is known for lots of international students spread out all over London so it's harder to make friends.

It is probably true that the pure Economics degree at both places have indistinguishable career prospects but for student experience Cambridge is hugely better. The market would tend to agree with me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For anyone interested in the AQA Physics ums boundaries I compiled a list of all of them :smile:.

Paper - 100%, 90%, 80%

June 2014 - 67, 61, 55

June 2013 - 63, 57, 51
Jan 2013 - 62, 56, 50

June 2012 - 60, 55, 50
Jan 2012 - 58, 53, 48

June 2011 - 59, 54, 49
Jan 2011 - 62, 56, 50

June 2010 57, 51, 45
Jan 2010 - 60, 54, 48

June 2009 - 70, 63, 56
Jan 2009 - 61, 55, 49
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Colmans
By what criteria do you say this?
Cambridge is harder to get into, most of us had LSE offers, those who didn't get offers went to LSE.
The teaching at Cambridge is by small supervision system from good quality tutors and mostly excellent lecturers. At LSE the tutorials are by postgrad students and lecturer quality is quite poor. You see lots of comments that the undergrad teaching is not so good.
Cambridge is a wonderful place to spend three years in with the college environment. London is expensive, there is no proper campus environment and LSE especially is known for lots of international students spread out all over London so it's harder to make friends.

It is probably true that the pure Economics degree at both places have indistinguishable career prospects but for student experience Cambridge is hugely better. The market would tend to agree with me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chill.LSE is focused specifically for economics, finance, business etc.FAME.
Cambridge might have more Nobel prize winners than LSE,but almost all of LSE Nobel wins were in economics.
London a centre for economics. LSE is widely considered by many to be the best for economics.
The comments bit is irrelevant. You hear bad things about every uni.Guardian has an entire section dedicated to bashing Oxbridge.
At the end of the day,it's a matter of opinion though.
Original post by Messier31
For anyone interested in the AQA Physics ums boundaries I compiled a list of all of them :smile:.

Paper - 100%, 90%, 80%

June 2014 - 67, 61, 55

June 2013 - 63, 57, 51
Jan 2013 - 62, 56, 50

June 2012 - 60, 55, 50
Jan 2012 - 58, 53, 48

June 2011 - 62, 56, 50
Jan 2011 - 62, 56, 50

June 2010 57, 51, 45
Jan 2010 - 60, 54, 48

June 2009 - 70, 63, 56
Jan 2009 - 61, 55, 49

Thanks! According to my spreadsheet June 2011 is 59, 54, 49 (just double checked on website as well :tongue:)
Original post by Anti-Dirac
Thanks! According to my spreadsheet June 2011 is 59, 54, 49 (just double checked on website as well :tongue:)

Thanks I'll change that, I have that written down too. Those are the kinds of mistakes I make in exams, copying numbers down incorrectly :colondollar:

Paper - 100%, 90%, 80%

June 2014 - 67, 61, 55

June 2013 - 63, 57, 51
Jan 2013 - 62, 56, 50

June 2012 - 60, 55, 50
Jan 2012 - 58, 53, 48

June 2011 - 59, 54, 49
Jan 2011 - 62, 56, 50

June 2010 57, 51, 45
Jan 2010 - 60, 54, 48

June 2009 - 70, 63, 56
Jan 2009 - 61, 55, 49

Thank you :h:
Original post by newtothis00
I am literally SO new to all this (haven't really got a clue how to work things) but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether these gcse grades would be acceptable for Cambridge:

7a*'s
4a's
1 b

I am really hoping to study English literature (providing everything is ok on 13th August!) THANK YOU!

Yeah, of course.
Original post by thechemistress
Thank you :h:

You're welcome :smile:. Having to keep going to the AQA website was frustrating me so I just copied them all down :laugh:.
Thanks I'll change that, I have that written down too. Those are the kinds of mistakes I make in exams, copying numbers down incorrectly :colondollar:

Tell me about it :angry: Just did a C2 paper and dropped my marks from writing 200 as 20 :frown:
You're welcome :smile:. Having to keep going to the AQA website was frustrating me so I just copied them all down :laugh:.

The Edexcel one is worse, it's in a spreadsheet and I don't have excel :frown:
Instead of actually learning some biochemistry for my biology exam, I just spent 3 hours putting it into practice in my hair. Why do I like to waste so much time? :cry:
Original post by enaayrah
Instead of actually learning some biochemistry for my biology exam, I just spent 3 hours putting it into practice in my hair. Why do I like to waste so much time? :cry:

But does your hair look nice now?
Original post by enaayrah
Instead of actually learning some biochemistry for my biology exam, I just spent 3 hours putting into practice in my hair. Why do I like to waste so much time? :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cause your hair is boss! Now if you haven't read my pm,come over to BIOL2 thread.Your a good explainer :yes:.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Cause your hair is boss! Now if you haven't read my pm,come over to BIOL2 thread.Your a good explainer :yes:.

You're. Soz not soz.
Original post by BioStudentx
You're. Soz not soz.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's soz?

Sorry? :biggrin:
Original post by BioStudentx
But does your hair look nice now?

Yeah! But hair is temporary, grades are permanent :cry:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've tried to explain to the best of my ability. The picture is pretty confusing but you just need to see it simply :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending