The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
*dicie*
Wow, in my college, my classes are so much bigger compared to you lot, but I guess it also depends on the subject..

In all my subjects I have from 18 to 23 people in my class, but some people have as little as 9 people in their classes

We also had large classes, ranging from 15 being the least, and around 25 at the most.
My classes ranged from 3 (Spanish) to 13 (Geography)

It's a private school
Reply 42
For AS level:

Economics- 9 (initially 10)
History- 13 (2 classes though, 14 in the other)
Statistics- 16 (initially 17)
Biology- 18 (3 classes each with 18)

I go to a state school.
Reply 43
Biology - 2 groups, each of 15-ish dropping to 1 group of about 8 - (Students from two different schools).
Chemistry - 1 group of 20-ish dropping to 7 by the end of Y13 (Students from two schools in first year, then the person from the other school dropped out).
Maths - About six groups across three schools, each with around 15 students, merging into one group of 25 in Y13.
Physics - 1 group of 18 or so dropping to 10 in Y13 (Students from two schools)
French - 1 group of 9, dropping to 5 by the end of first year. Probably only 3 students next year. Students from three schools.

I go, no, sorry - went to a state comprehensive that was part of a three-school consortium.
Going to a secondary school's sixth form (while at the secondary school):

AS Biology: 1

AS French (last year): 5
A2 French: 3
Reply 45
My sixth form was part of my High School (years 9 - 11, then years 12 - 13) and all my class were small.

German: 3 (yr 12) to 4 (yr 13)

English lit: 18 (yr 12) to 8 (yr 13). There was another class of 18 (year 13) tho!

Drama: 6 (yr 12) to 5 (yr 13)
Reply 46
at AS the class sizes ranged from about 3-10, and for A2 I think the average size will be about 4
Reply 47
Maths-6 in my class, 4 in the other
Biology-8
History-21
I go to a state comprehensive 6th form and for AS it was roughly:

Economics: 18
Maths: 18
French: 12
Chemistry: 25
Critical Thinking: 20

so the classes were quite large.
Reply 49
well here's mine atm

maths - 7
biology - 9
pyhsics - 10
chem - 7

but with people dopping subjects next year and so-on it'll probably be less :smile:
last year (for A2) we had about:
18 in biology
20 in chem
8 in french
10 in maths
5 in further maths
Reply 51
Took Math, Chem, Bio, DT for AS at Brockenhurst College, averaged at about 15-23 ppl in my classes. Can be a problem sometimes as teachers can't focus on any one student for long, esp. when you need some help. Movin to a private college which has classes of 8 people max.
Reply 52
F.Maths - 7 (was 9)
Biology - 12 (was 14)
Chemistry - 15 (was 16)
Physics - 4 (was 10)

and I'm at a smallish state sixth form (bout 700 students)
When I did a-levels my biggest class in A2 year was 7 in chemistry. Biggest for AS was 17 in maths, but only 4 for full A2 ... just shows how bad they were at maths.
Sarahanne
and I'm at a smallish state sixth form (bout 700 students)

You call that smallish?!! :eek: My sixth form had about 185 students including both years!
7 in my biology class. About 20 for the rest.
Reply 56
There's only gonna be 4 in my A2 Economics class, from 30 at AS. They were just gonna tell us hard luck, but we're all such geniuses they kept us on.....well, thats what I like to beleive anyway :P
Reply 57
All the 6th forms here are so big, by the end of A2 we only had about 40 left, mainly cos a lot of people dropped out. My largest class was 8 and my smallest was 3 of us which I found a lot better. 7/8 was our average class size although some courses just had 1 person on their own.
biology: 3
chemistry:2
german: 1
physics: 3

and that was a shared 6th form between 2 schools.
Reply 59
I go to a pretty good state comp. The maximum they allow in a class is 17. On average for AS it was about 12, but that number will go down for A2 probably.

Latest

Trending

Trending