The Student Room Group

Results day: track or results first?

On results day, whats everyone's plans...

1) check track before you receive your results to see if you got in
2) wait to receive your results and then check track afterwards

Personally, im going to wait for track :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm gonna check track before getting my results. Scary but one's gotta man up and face the truth, either good or bad.
Going to hopefully get 2/3 of my results on edexcel results plus at 6:00am, then check track, then go to college for my last result :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a time it will be up on track or different for each university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Changing Skies
Going to hopefully get 2/3 of my results on edexcel results plus at 6:00am, then check track, then go to college for my last result :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same for me! Except I think ill wait to check my edexcel ones until after tracks been updated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:
Exactly the same for me! Except I think ill wait to check my edexcel ones until after tracks been updated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh I don't know if I could wait :tongue:
Reply 6
Track and then go get my results when college opens, makes sense to look at Track first as then you know if you need to bring clearing information etc with you when you go to get your results.
Sometimes track changes at 12-1 in the morning before all results are released

Posted from TSR Mobile
Track.

If I'm successful, I'll go back to sleep and collect my results later.

If unsuccessful, then I will resort to some vodka and ice cream and get my mum to collect my results as I won't be in a state to do it myself.
Reply 9
Track. Won't bother going in if I missed my offer :lol:
Original post by Idle
Track and then go get my results when college opens, makes sense to look at Track first as then you know if you need to bring clearing information etc with you when you go to get your results.

This :biggrin:

I don't think anyone holding uni offers will be able to sleep that night anyway, you may as well check Track if you can.
Original post by Cameron.M
Sometimes track changes at 12-1 in the morning before all results are released

Posted from TSR Mobile

This literally never happens.
I checked track first.
My firm was still pending and my insurance was unconditional.
So I knew I'd missed my grades but not too badly.
Turns out I'd missed them a lot more than I thought and cried haha...
But I would have been worse if I hadn't known that I'd already got my insurance.
Reply 13
Original post by Alotties
I checked track first.
My firm was still pending and my insurance was unconditional.
So I knew I'd missed my grades but not too badly.
Turns out I'd missed them a lot more than I thought and cried haha...
But I would have been worse if I hadn't known that I'd already got my insurance.

Did you get your firm in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Damask-
This literally never happens.

Happened for by 3 best mates and cousin last yeae

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyxxx
Did you get your firm in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I called them and they said they were still considering me for a place but I was in competition with somebody else and to call back in an hour to see if I had got in.
Called them back 55mins later and they said I had called too late and they'd given the place to the other person.
I loved my insurance anyway though and I've loved my first year there and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. :tongue:
Reply 16
Track then results
I think I'll check track first then results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Alotties
Nope, I called them and they said they were still considering me for a place but I was in competition with somebody else and to call back in an hour to see if I had got in.
Called them back 55mins later and they said I had called too late and they'd given the place to the other person.
I loved my insurance anyway though and I've loved my first year there and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. :tongue:

That was unfair of the uni
Original post by Qari
That was unfair of the uni

It's all in the past now.
I had a friend that actually got in there and hated it and transferred to a different uni after freshers...
I also have a friend that is currently there and she says the marking in the department I applied for was shockingly bad.
So maybe it's good that I never got in :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending