The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Commuting to Brackenhurst :)

Hello,

I was originally going to be in NTU halls but they are extremly expensive, i had found houses cheap but i still found this a drain on my student loans when i can commute, i will be commuting from birmingham daily to brackenhurst (i know it sounds long but i was commuting for 3 hours to college each way so its do-able, plus i help look after a sick family member so being at home helps). I Found that by getting a seasonal (unlimited) train ticket and a bus pass would cost me less saving money each term (it has around £1500 saved :smile: ! It just means allot of walking, which i need lol and if i have exams or a night out i have a friend who lives in the city so i can crash there, my main worry is the social side of things ? How does all the events work for those living at home? Will we miss out on certain points or will there be a place we will meet others especially in welcome week ect.. Any help appreciated
Cuddly love T x i:tongue:
Original post by Tazzilla1991
Hello,

I was originally going to be in NTU halls but they are extremly expensive, i had found houses cheap but i still found this a drain on my student loans when i can commute, i will be commuting from birmingham daily to brackenhurst (i know it sounds long but i was commuting for 3 hours to college each way so its do-able, plus i help look after a sick family member so being at home helps). I Found that by getting a seasonal (unlimited) train ticket and a bus pass would cost me less saving money each term (it has around £1500 saved :smile: ! It just means allot of walking, which i need lol and if i have exams or a night out i have a friend who lives in the city so i can crash there, my main worry is the social side of things ? How does all the events work for those living at home? Will we miss out on certain points or will there be a place we will meet others especially in welcome week ect.. Any help appreciated
Cuddly love T x i:tongue:

Hi Tazzilla1991,

No need to worry about the social side of things :smile: We've got that covered for all of our students who are local, commuting or not living in halls. Here are a few ideas to make things a little easier:

Join the local, commuting and not living in halls Facebook group to chat to other like-minded students. This is last year's group and this year's group should be created soon so keep your eyes open for it!

Read about the experiences of Marcus and Costa, two local students who chose to not live in halls in first year

Look out for more information on networking events for students not living in halls. We'll send you an email with more details in August (when we'll also have all of the details!

So as you can see we care about all of our students and like to put on great events for everyone. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Rob
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending