The Student Room Group

Have you ever had a copycat friend/person, who copied everything you do/wear/say?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah! My best friend in primary school. She even turned vegetarian the day after I did. :colonhash:
Ugh, yes. :sigh:

She did practically everything I did, to the point I couldn't stand to be around her. She'd do daft little things like take up a language class I'd expressed an interest in etc., etc., just to brag about how much better at it she was than I was or was likely to be. Everything was a competition with her and, cruel as it might sound, my life's been better without her in it.
No I haven't. Not that I'm aware of anyway - I mean, many unconscious modelling processes happen all the time, so I'm sure things I've said or done have unconsciously rubbed off on other people and vice versa.

Original post by Anonymous
It feels like they are stealing your identity.

Then don't create your 'identity' based on what you wear, what hobbies you do and what 'catch phrases' you have...create your 'identity' only through your consciousness and awareness of the present moment. A deeper kind of identity which can't be 'copied' nor can it even be experienced by anybody other than yourself. Check out Eckhart Tolle for more of that kind of stuff.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah I've had a few copycat friends. It used to really annoy me when I was younger, now its still a tad annoying but I kinda take it as a compliment :tongue:
I'm such a horrible person no one seem to be able to imitate me to the degree of horribleness I can be :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending