The Student Room Group

AST Spacial reasoning and Work rate Revision

Hi Guys,

I'm resitting my AST For a second time and trying to work on the area's I didn't do so well in, them been WR AND SR both scoring 4 in which I was shocked at for SR as I didn't find it to difficult. The WR however took me by surprise and I only managed to answer 9 of the 20 questions.

Any resources for either of these would be a great help, I'm looking at ordering a book off amazon to help with the SR thoughts?

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
First of all, don't waste your money on books. It's pointless.

SR and WR are two of the sections which in my opinion are quite hard to revise for. You're either good at them or you're not.

WR, as you know, is about working under maximum pressure and trying not to panic or lose composure. You can't really replicate the questions in the test but you can practice working under pressure. Even just doing basic maths sums with very harsh time limits (say 30-40 questions in a minute for example). This will help with the working under pressure, and also improve your mental maths which will come in handy.

SR is another one which is quite hard to do in the way that it's done in the test. However, if you spend a bit of time searching google for Spatial Reasoning Aptitude Test, you'll find some useful links.

Sorry this probably isn't the help you were after, but as I said, these 2 section in particular, from personal experience, seem to be a couple of the hardest ones to revise and prepare for, a long with memory. It's worth mentioning that the WR section requires extremely high levels of concentration, so you really want to be getting a good nights sleep before the test. Sure you will, but that's another factor which may lead to you not doing as well as you had hoped!

Quick Reply

Latest