The Student Room Group

Eyeball ache

I often get this aching at the top of my right eyeball to above the brow bone area. I know it's not an issue but I find it annoyingly uncomfortable sometimes :/

I wear contacts/ glasses do you think it could be to do with that? Like some sort of strain?
Reply 1
I think it's just eyeball strain. If you don't wear contacts and glasses often, it's probably just that you've strained your eyes trying to see things.

If you do wear them often, is it possible your glasses are the wrong strength? I had eyeball strain a lot and, when I had my eye test, it turned out my glasses were too strong and I was being told to wear them more than I needed to.
Reply 2
How often does it happen?
When does it happen? After which activities?
Original post by Kathy89
How often does it happen?
When does it happen? After which activities?

A few times a week I suppose.
I find it happens after a long day, or sometimes when I wake up after I've had a long nights sleep. It's always in the one eye, and it just buggs me because it's this niggling little pain that just won't go away.
Original post by Hannah113
I think it's just eyeball strain. If you don't wear contacts and glasses often, it's probably just that you've strained your eyes trying to see things.

If you do wear them often, is it possible your glasses are the wrong strength? I had eyeball strain a lot and, when I had my eye test, it turned out my glasses were too strong and I was being told to wear them more than I needed to.

I've been to the opticians recently and apparently it's fine! I think it is just eyeball strain, it's annoying though. :tongue:
Reply 5
:eyeball:
Reply 6
What is your prescription in glasses and what's in contacts?
It might be that the prescription is stronger then it should be for reading or something.

In addition you should go to a neurologist, it might be a migraine.

Quick Reply