The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Go to private school: we are legally better than you (or so the facebook group i am a member of says). there is a rival group entitled: we went to state school and were not spoon fed and hey, same uni! but they suck lol.

Someone hold me back.

As for the A Level Law comments ~ If you want to study it, do. The day to stop studying it is the day every University in the country blacklists it... Until then, don't let any University dictate what you can and can't study. It's your education after all... Not the LSE's...

They're entitled to select candidates on a criteria which they deem helpful. But in the same breath... You're entitled to select a University on a criteria which you have developed...
Lol that was ajoke...
Reply 42
Dreama
select a University on a criteria which you have developed...

Thats exactly what I did. Off the top of my head, the criteria I used, in no particular order were:

-Distance from home
-Research and teaching quality
-Size of department

-Course structure and options
-Academic support: Library, IT etc

-uni: What was the layout like, was there plenty of stuff to do, what was the union like

then I picked from there..
Reply 43
Lewis-HuStuJCR
wait till you do that in the context of murder and manslaughter ... urgh.

At A level you study causation in context of murder and manslaughter.
Properly....? Actually most of causation isnt that bad, just annoyed me cos it was in criminal! And yea course it was in murder etc, that where its easy and they are result crimes.
Reply 45
I would have thought we did it properly. Covered both factual and legal causation. This included the 'acceleration principle', 'actions of third parties', 'actions of the victim' and the 'accused must take the victim as he finds them.'
Sounds pretty thorough, you would probably just have more cases when you did it at a-level and you use terms like "novus actus interveniens" and other such stupid phrases for breaking the chain of causation.. although you may have used that I dont know.
Reply 47
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Sounds pretty thorough, you would probably just have more cases when you did it at a-level and you use terms like "novus actus interveniens" and other such stupid phrases for breaking the chain of causation.. although you may have used that I dont know.

No, at A level, we just stuck with 'breaking the chain of causation'
Reply 48
We used Latin terms such as the example above in our law A level and 'starre decisis' in judicial precedent etc
Unlucky lol.

I hate it when lecturers use latin phrases as if we know them already ... its really annoying. "nemo dat quod non habet" amuses me when said in an aussie accent by our lecturer though haha.

Latest

Trending

Trending