The Student Room Group

Exam- crossed out all my answers and started again. Help?

Hello i need some help and advice :frown:urgently.
So in my exam i got really nervous and i literaally crossed our the whole exam booklet and started from scratch. I asked for extra paper and if mt cancelked booklet could be returned but the invigilator refused.
Secondly i forgot to read instructions and i failed to start each question on a new page, and write the numbers of the questions i did on the first page of my answer booklet.
Am i going to be penalised for crossing out so much even though i started again. And am i going to be penalised for not starting each question on a new page?:frown::frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Eseoghene
Hello i need some help and advice :frown:urgently.
So in my exam i got really nervous and i literaally crossed our the whole exam booklet and started from scratch. I asked for extra paper and if mt cancelked booklet could be returned but the invigilator refused.
Secondly i forgot to read instructions and i failed to start each question on a new page, and write the numbers of the questions i did on the first page of my answer booklet.
Am i going to be penalised for crossing out so much even though i started again. And am i going to be penalised for not starting each question on a new page?:frown::frown:

Heya, what level and subject was this for? :smile:

You're not going to get penalised for crossing stuff out, that's ok. :smile: So don't worry!

Did you make it clear which questions you were answering? Did you write the title of the questions? Examiners aren't heartless, they'll normally try to work things out, so unless it's particularly vague you should be fine. :smile:

If you come back with an unusually low mark for this exam, ask for a transcript of the paper from your school to check that the examiner marked your questions properly. :smile: If not, then you can send it in for re-marking!

Don't worry about this now, just wait til your results come through and take it from there. :hugs:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, what level and subject was this for? :smile:

You're not going to get penalised for crossing stuff out, that's ok. :smile: So don't worry!

Did you make it clear which questions you were answering? Did you write the title of the questions? Examiners aren't heartless, they'll normally try to work things out, so unless it's particularly vague you should be fine. :smile:

If you come back with an unusually low mark for this exam, ask for a transcript of the paper from your school to check that the examiner marked your questions properly. :smile: If not, then you can send it in for re-marking!

Don't worry about this now, just wait til your results come through and take it from there. :hugs:

Now though you can't have paper remarked if you had the transcript for some exam board but if you notice grade is low you still cam get a remark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest