The Student Room Group

Need some revision tips as revising on hours on end weeks before the exam has not wor

I'm doing my a levels in biology,chemistry an physics
Just got my end of year results back and got a c in biology and e in both physics and chemistry
Prepared months in advance and did loads of past papers too
Not sure why I'm flopping this hard
Does anyone have any tips on what to do , I.e.to revise/prepare better and gradually bring it up a fair bit, I know I can get an A in biology, and at least a b in chemistry and hopefully at worst a c on physics
When I was revising in the weeks coming up to the exams I literally locked myself in my room and studied for hours on end and deleted/removed anything that would distract me, stopped going time so I could revise instead lol

So does anyone have any strategies,for lack of a better term,to revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Maybe do past papers, mark it yourself and see where you went wrong? If there are certain topics you can go over them and improve. Also, dont overwork yourself when revising, make sure you take breaks in between. Another thing, make sure you arent just memorising everything, ensure you understand it aswell, it helps it stick in your memory! Also try watching videos if they are better to learn from?
TSR has the revision tips thread aswell, maybe you can find more ideas there?
:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mav455
Maybe do past papers, mark it yourself and see where you went wrong? If there are certain topics you can go over them and improve. Also, dont overwork yourself when revising, make sure you take breaks in between. Another thing, make sure you arent just memorising everything, ensure you understand it aswell, it helps it stick in your memory! Also try watching videos if they are better to learn from?
TSR has the revision tips thread aswell, maybe you can find more ideas there?
:smile:

Yeah was doing loads of past papers,and taking breaks
Learning from videos now with notes I've already made from the syllabus so yeah

Thanks for the advice :smile: and sweet I'll check that thread out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending