The Student Room Group

What if no one wants dollars?

http://sgtreport.com/2014/06/gazprom-ready-to-drop-dollar-settle-china-contracts-in-yuan-or-rubles/

Obviously, this is the trade war between superpowers. To be Frank, I don't like this kind of war. What do you think? Would you join & enjoy this game?
Reply 1
Almost all countries have substantial reserves in dollars. I highly doubt that would happen.
Reply 2
Original post by skunkboy
http://sgtreport.com/2014/06/gazprom-ready-to-drop-dollar-settle-china-contracts-in-yuan-or-rubles/

Obviously, this is the trade war between superpowers. To be Frank, I don't like this kind of war. What do you think? Would you join & enjoy this game?

Russia has been threatening this for yonks. There'll be some impact but Russia is not quite as important to the dollars strength as some make out and China will not join Russia in doing so. The assertion that exporting should also weaken the dollar is untrue, analysts expect it to strengthen in coming decades as a result.
Everyone wants dollars, no dollars = no oil !
Reply 4
Original post by Rakas21
Russia has been threatening this for yonks. There'll be some impact but Russia is not quite as important to the dollars strength as some make out and China will not join Russia in doing so. The assertion that exporting should also weaken the dollar is untrue, analysts expect it to strengthen in coming decades as a result.

1. China will not join Russia? Why not?
2. All of analysts? Or just some of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
1. China will not join Russia? Why not?
2. All of analysts? Or just some of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because contrary to the people who see doomsday, China actually wants to protect its trading relationship with the USA. Fueling a collapse of the dollar would be idiotic for them because it would plonk both in recession.

Most that I'm aware of from Bloomberg.
Reply 6
Original post by Rakas21
Because contrary to the people who see doomsday, China actually wants to protect its trading relationship with the USA. Fueling a collapse of the dollar would be idiotic for them because it would plonk both in recession.

Most that I'm aware of from Bloomberg.

And those analysts always right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by CommunistSlayer
I remember reading somewhere Saddam wanted to trade for Euro's instead of Dollars. What if a country doesn't want dollars? you get invaded or have a regime change. Notice the star of David?

Are you joking? If Russia stops using dollars, who would invade it? Uncle Sam? Or UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
And those analysts always right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

More often than the doom mongers.
Reply 9
Original post by Rakas21
More often than the doom mongers.

Lol. That means sometimes those analysts are wrong. So people shouldn't always believe analysts. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you really using a website that is full of chemtrails conspiracy theories as a source?
How can you take information from a website that claims the exhaust fumes from airplanes are not really exhaust fumes, but chemicals designed to control the human race?

If you want to be taken seriously, stop using nonsense websites as a source.
Reply 11
Original post by Bunny124
Are you really using a website that is full of chemtrails conspiracy theories as a source?
How can you take information from a website that claims the exhaust fumes from airplanes are not really exhaust fumes, but chemicals designed to control the human race?

If you want to be taken seriously, stop using nonsense websites as a source.

No smoke without fire. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending