The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Interview

Hi, I'm form Malaysia and applying for Chemical Engineering at Manchester. I've been told about interview. So can u guys help me, what should i prepare? The question? Any test?

Reply 1
Hi!

I also had to take an interview before being accepted. There is no test, they are mostly looking for your enthusiasm in learning the subject for which you have applied. They asked me some questions related to my personal statement, things written in my PS which I had to explain more broadly, they asked me why I want to study the chosen subject (Biology) and why I chose the UK (I'm also from outside the UK). Then a few questions apparently unrelated to the course I want to study, like my hobbies, what will I do besides studying, etc.

The interview is quite easy to pass, just be enthusiastic and confident.
They accepted me right after the interview, so before ending the interview they told me I was accepted.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by sollehinjs
Hi, I'm form Malaysia and applying for Chemical Engineering at Manchester. I've been told about interview. So can u guys help me, what should i prepare? The question? Any test?

Firstly, don't worry about the interview. Those they interview, they want to give an offer to. It might be something like 2 in 100 who are rejected after an interview.

As for what it'll be like. Preparation pretty much unnecessary. Just make sure you know what's in your personal statement, and that you are able to answer 'why chemical engineering' and 'why Manchester' (those where the only two fixed questions I had, and I just came up with answers in the moment). The conversation with my interviewer was very easy - he was nice, as were all the others that day - and entertaining. We talked about some random stuff that came up.

I applied to biochemistry and was accepted, then switched my offer to chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest