The Student Room Group

A few questions about my application for warfare officer in the Royal Navy...

Currently at the stage where I have registered an interest, received and then submitted my application...

How long until I hear anything back? It has been a week. I received an email saying the next stage would be a recruit test but haven't received a call yet to arrange this... Also, when do I attend the careers presentation!? It hasn't been offered to me yet.

Does anyone know, as an estimate, the time I can expect to wait before BRNC?

Thanks.
Reply 1
It has dawned on me that I probably should have attended one before I applied... Is it vital that I attend one?
Reply 2
Or does the presentation come after the recruitment test?
Just call the AFCO and speak to them you have a lot of questions and don't seem to fully understand the selection process. The majority of guys on this forum are RAF, though a couple of navy floating in occasionally.

If you call the AFCO, ask to speak to someone from the RN. Explain you have registered your interest/applied and were wondering if they could clarify a few things about the selection process.

Write your questions on paper and have a pen to hand, be succinct and polite. Even better if you can address them by their rank (which they will greet you with when they first take the phone), first impressions.

With the RAF you attend a presentation at your AFCO before sitting the 'Recruit Test' this is arranged by them after you have applied not before.
Reply 4
Original post by AlphaTango
Just call the AFCO and speak to them you have a lot of questions and don't seem to fully understand the selection process. The majority of guys on this forum are RAF, though a couple of navy floating in occasionally.
If you call the AFCO, ask to speak to someone from the RN. Explain you have registered your interest/applied and were wondering if they could clarify a few things about the selection process.

Write your questions on paper and have a pen to hand, be succinct and polite. Even better if you can address them by their rank (which they will greet you with when they first take the phone), first impressions.

With the RAF you attend a presentation at your AFCO before sitting the 'Recruit Test' this is arranged by them after you have applied not before.

Thank you. Ill do as you suggest.
I wonder why there are more RAF on h
Reply 5
Original post by J2013
Thank you. Ill do as you suggest.
I wonder why there are more RAF on h

Posts begat posts.

When people search online for RAF questions, they've usually all been asked here, so the TSR threads appear first on google, then people join the site, ask more questions, more questions appear higher... so on and so on. Our only rival in that sense is Pprune.

We haven't had the same with the other services, places like Arrse are better for the Army and Rum Rations was always the place to go for Navy advice.

Quick Reply

Latest