The Student Room Group

marketing/management

Hi guys! I'd like to know where can i study marketing/management without maths at A levels. I know there are only a few unis which allow that and i'd be really thankful for your help :smile: thanks in advance!
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by Jessica123321
Hi guys! I'd like to know where can i study marketing/management without maths at A levels. I know there are only a few unis which allow that and i'd be really thankful for your help :smile: thanks in advance!

A lot of unis will let you do marketing or management without maths A level! most only ask for maths GCSE B and above but there is also some that only ask for a C.
Original post by angelxox
A lot of unis will let you do marketing or management without maths A level! most only ask for maths GCSE B and above but there is also some that only ask for a C.

Aberystwyth. Best place ever, we've got a Tesco's express.
Reply 4
Original post by Michael!
Aberystwyth. Best place ever, we've got a Tesco's express.

And a lot of thick people to try and drag along like dead weight during group coursework ....
Hi guys!

If you have a minute would you please help me to fill out this survey for my postgraduate study? This only takes you around 5-7 minutes. Please help me and I will be glad to help you back. Just reply my post with your survey link (if any). I will do it for you.

Here is my link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L657R9Q

Thank you very much for your supports!
Hi. You will definitely be able to do Marketing Management without Maths at A-Level. I have applied to Universities which did not even ask for A-Level Maths. So if you are considering to study either Management or Marketing then I'm sure you won't be needing it. However, there are few Universities who ask for too much and may ask for A-Level Maths but the majority of the Universities do not ask for this. I have too applied at The Manchester Metropolitan University to study Marketing Management and received an unconditional offer even though I only studied Business and Media. I hope this helps!
Queen Mary, University of London offers a BSc Marketing and Management and BSc Business Management. They don't specifically ask for a Maths ALevel but require at least a B in Maths at GCSE level. (For both courses they ask for ABB or 320 tariff points).

University of Sheffield offers a BSc International Business Management with Study Abroad and BSc Business Management. They don't specifically ask for a Maths ALevel but require a B at GCSE level in Maths. (For both courses they ask for AAB). There are various options to do with the BSc Business Management course as well - such as languages, economics etc.

University of Birmingham offers a BSc Business Management with Marketing and BSc Business Management with Communications. They don't require ALevel Maths. But if you do not have Maths or English AS or A2, you must have at least a B in these subjects at GCSE level. (For both courses they ask for AAB)

University of Derby offers BA Business Studies (and various Marketing options as well) which do not require ALevel Maths. They don't even state the required GCSE Maths grade either. They ask for 260 UCAS points with 220 points from your core A2s. The other Marketing options have similar entry grades.

University of Manchester offers a BSc Management ( with Marketing). They don't require ALevel Maths but again need at least a B in Maths and English at GCSE Level. This course offers the option of a year industrial placement. (For either the 3 year or 4 year course they ask for AAB). There is also a BSc Fashion Marketing which asks for AAB and does not state additional GCSE grades.

University of Kent offers a BSc Marketing. They don't require ALevel Maths and only ask for a C in Maths at GCSE level. They also offer the option of an industrial placement year. (For both courses they ask for ABB). They also offer a BA Business and Management and again only ask for a C in Maths at GCSE Level. For this course they ask for BBB.

It seems like a lot of places offer Management / Marketing courses without requiring Maths ALevel - you just need to do a bit of searching!! I've listed only some that I know of / found online, but I assume there are many more. Before applying it is best to email the course administrators to confirm the entry grades and subjects. Some places, although may not require Maths ALevel, might recommend it, and therefore you might want to reconsider that place as an option as if the course is heavy in Maths you could struggle without an ALevel in it. Hope this helps!
(edited 9 years ago)

I studied Management at The University of Leeds and graduated in 2007. I didn't need A-Level Maths to get in, but I'm not sure if they have now changed the requirements. I did have to do some extra Maths tuition though (they tested us all and the bottom 50 had to do this). I did struggle with some of the Accounting modules compared to my friends who had A-Level Maths, so just a heads up you might need to do this if like me, numbers aren't your thing!

Leeds was great though and has a really good business school!

You see eligibility for such program in order to map out or exempt some of the courses of your choice are subject to provision of qualification. If you let me know what qualification do you have then I might be able to assist in details.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending