The Student Room Group

Things you regret in life and still do to this day

I'll join anonymously later :ninja:
Saying I love you when I didn't mean it when I was 14. 8 years down the line and it still annoys me, the arrogance that boy got from it, then a week later him dumping me and (acting as if he were being compassionate) saying that he couldn't just throw words around. He had an ego trip over this for a year and kept saying I was being bitter. Yes, I was being bitter. I said that because I thought it was a nice thing to say and I was an immature little 14 year old, not because I meant it. My kind act turned into his ego trip. For a few months I was terribly upset as I saw it as a rejection, then I realized it wasn't really, as he had initiated it in the first place and still kept hanging around with me and my friends.

He wasn't a particularly attractive guy (sounds mean, but I would say unattractive), he was seemingly fun to be around on the surface (before you realized all his jokes were at someone else's expense), but I gave him a chance as he approached me.

Horrible boy he was too. He wrote in my year book "find something YOU like and stick to it. You can't always pretend you are someone you are not". This at the time gave me a bit of an identity crises. Of course when you are a teenager you are not sure what you like yet, who you are and stuff. I was thinking... Oh god what if he is right? Now I know that I had a strong set of interests and that in actual fact he was the clone, continuously quoting movies, books and even his parents when it came to politics, and never saying anything that first came out of his own mouth. Talk about projection.

Thinking about this guy's immoral political ideas, pretentiousness, ignorance, reputation for touching sleeping girls at parties (yes, forgot to mention that bit, I found out about it afterwards), arrogance and intolerance towards other people's ideas I seriously wished I had not given him a reason to feel smug.

It's funny but if I kind of wish I could tell him this on facebook :P Maybe it would seem a bit weird so many years down the line.

Not such a big regret anyway, just the only slight regret that comes to mind. I am a pretty happy person nowadays.
Not leaving home sooner.

Losing my virginity when I wasn't ready

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Don't think either of those posts understood the thread title...

That was some story though, man.

Edit: Actually maybe I misunderstood the title. Things you regret, and yet still do again? Or just things you still regret?
(edited 9 years ago)
being agreeable
Reply 5
generally being an all round loser and failing at life, making the same mistakes over and over again, always being a dumb idiot, being morally corrupt, being selfish and indecisive, laziness
When i was 12 i caught a robin in my grandparents house, it flew in through the window. I was holding it. I could see its head popping out from my cupped hands, but i didn't want it to fly away and leave, so subconsciously i tightened my grip. 5 seconds later i opened my hand and it was dead. I had to bury it in the garden.

I'd be lying if i said it hasn't troubled me a few nights. It's been on my mind 8 years later. I know that when i die im going to have to answer for why that robin unnecessarily died in my hands, even if it was an accident.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending