The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

any famous speakers?

Hi im thinking about applying to KCL. And i was wondering if there were any famous speakers (world leaders etc) who give talks. If so how regular is this? I know Imran Khan (cricketer turned politician spoke in KCL in 2011). But how regularly does this occur? thankss
Original post by daalchaval
Hi im thinking about applying to KCL. And i was wondering if there were any famous speakers (world leaders etc) who give talks. If so how regular is this? I know Imran Khan (cricketer turned politician spoke in KCL in 2011). But how regularly does this occur? thankss

All four London Golden Triangle unis constantly enjoy the presence of famous speakers. Normally LSE and UCL are more popular for this, but those talks are usually opened to all students of the UoL network, so there will always be some cool and interesting talk to attend.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
sweet! thanks
It depends what you mean by 'famous'. We get a lot of people who are highly distinguished in their careers, not a lot of actual 'celebrities'. We had Michael Palin recently, and John Cleese, but its more likely to be people like the Home Secretary of Canada or the Indian Minister of Defence.

Quick Reply

Latest