The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hurricaneee
Once an university makes an offer, how long does it take to show up in track? Is there a lag between offer being made and when it should show up?

It depends on the uni......my offer showed up on track first then UCL emailed me I think it was the day after :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shashapop
- Didn't really get a chance to talk to the tutors about the course.
- The maths test was the most irritating thing, the programme on the ipads were not working properly for me so ended up scoring 15/30 when I do alevel maths and got an A at AS.
- Asked questions like what % of students get firsts or seconds for their degrees and didn't get an answer.
- Asked why the student satisfaction was so low and got a weird politician-y answer about how good the research is.
- The course wasn't explained very well and the talk at the beginning of the day was fairly standard and it didn't really show why UCL is different to other universities in terms of their pharmacy course.
- The student tour guide person seemed like she just wanted to get her masters and leave the school since I asked her if she had plans for postgrad etc and she replied "PHD n postgrad need high grades and I just want to work now" which kinda reflects the idea to me that UCL was unsuccessful in inspiring that student for research n other things..
- Compared to UEA/Bath, UCL really doesn't seem like a great uni to me. But I may be biased since I'm not a big fan of city unis.
- Also didnt like the fact that the pharmacy school seemed so cut off from the actual campus. When I go to uni I'd like to meet different people with different interests but I don't think UCL can provide that seeing as the whole school is dedicated to pharmacy and pharmacology and the main campus is pretty far.

1. Thats what the group discussion was for, asking the tutors questions.
2. It didn't work well for me at the beginning either. It doesn't matter, the maths test doesn't count towards anything.
3. UCL doesn't have a campus. I went on the campus tour and i think the guy said that pharmacy students have lectures in the medical sciences block thing in the main UCL building.
Original post by TheGemini
Coolio!
You applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did a couple weeks ago, I live in Manchester too though so it took time to convince the parents :P
Has anyone got an offer from Bradford university??
- The maths test was the most irritating thing, the programme on the ipads were not working properly for me so ended up scoring 15/30 when I do alevel maths and got an A at AS.
- Asked questions like what % of students get firsts or seconds for their degrees and didn't get an answer.
- Asked why the student satisfaction was so low and got a weird politician-y answer about how good the research is.
- The course wasn't explained very well and the talk at the beginning of the day was fairly standard and it didn't really show why UCL is different to other universities in terms of their pharmacy course.
- The student tour guide person seemed like she just wanted to get her masters and leave the school since I asked her if she had plans for postgrad etc and she replied "PHD n postgrad need high grades and I just want to work now" which kinda reflects the idea to me that UCL was unsuccessful in inspiring that student for research n other things..
- Compared to UEA/Bath, UCL really doesn't seem like a great uni to me. But I may be biased since I'm not a big fan of city unis.
- Also didnt like the fact that the pharmacy school seemed so cut off from the actual campus. When I go to uni I'd like to meet different people with different interests but I don't think UCL can provide that seeing as the whole school is dedicated to pharmacy and pharmacology and the main campus is pretty far.

Well said. Couldn't agree more!

Which uni is your fav? I firmed Bath
Original post by mush240
How long does Cardiff usually take to reply after an interview? The wait is KILLING me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Had my interview 18th feb still waiting
Original post by Ashdaw21
I'm still waiting from Birmingham university. It's been a while, does that mean Ive been rejected?

I got an offer from them but they took ages with mine aswell, what are your predicted grades like?
Reply 3348
Has anyone heard back from Kingston after the interview?
HELP!!! Can anyone give any info on the Nottingham interview? This one is stressing me out the most!! What kind of things do they ask and how much specific pharmacy knowledge do you need? Interview is on Wednesday so any tips would be much appreciated.
Original post by AJeeeee
Hey Sarrah have you been to UCL open day and if yes what is the GROUP DISCUSSION about?

i did go to the UCL open day, tbh the group discussion was so laid back i was sipping on some earl grey tea and munching on a biscuit whilst we all sat round in a circle and talked about the different topics in pharmacy, advances in pharmacy and what we are looking forward to studying next year! pretty much it! nothing to worry about at all, they are lovely! :wink:
Original post by Danny786
Which uni is your fav? I firmed Bath

UEA has been my most fave so far. Saying that I think Bath is amazing but both on open day and on the open day/interview day they didn't show us the labs or anything and seemed a bit secretive... I've heard rumours that they don't have sterile labs? and that undergrads go to cardiff uni for their labs? :s-smilie::confused: I don't know if thats true :s-smilie:.
I haven't seen nottingham or durham yet, so I can't comment on them :tongue:

Where have you applied/got offers from? why did you choose bath in the end? :rolleyes:
Original post by Middlezz
HELP!!! Can anyone give any info on the Nottingham interview? This one is stressing me out the most!! What kind of things do they ask and how much specific pharmacy knowledge do you need? Interview is on Wednesday so any tips would be much appreciated.

Mine is on Wednesday too!!
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
UEA applicants, was there any need for formal dress on Applicant's day?

It's better to dress smart than to go in casual. I wore a blazer/cardigan thing with tailored trousers and a blouse.. I don't think you can go wrong with looking smart :smile:
Reply 3354
I've finally firmed my unconditional offer from Keele- It was hard to choose between my offers but now its done and I'm really excited about studying pharmacy at Keele :biggrin:
It's better to dress smart than to go in casual. I wore a blazer/cardigan thing with tailored trousers and a blouse.. I don't think you can go wrong with looking smart :smile:

Very true. Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
UEA applicants, was there any need for formal dress on Applicant's day?

If you haven't got an offer (I can't really tell but I think that's what the Applicant's day is for!) then you need to wear formal clothing really. There is no-one there to judge you on your attire, but you'll blend in better and it just looks professional. Everyone was wearing smart clothes at my visit day :smile: Good luck!
UEA has been my most fave so far. Saying that I think Bath is amazing but both on open day and on the open day/interview day they didn't show us the labs or anything and seemed a bit secretive... I've heard rumours that they don't have sterile labs? and that undergrads go to cardiff uni for their labs? :s-smilie::confused: I don't know if thats true :s-smilie:.
I haven't seen nottingham or durham yet, so I can't comment on them :tongue:

Where have you applied/got offers from? why did you choose bath in the end? :rolleyes:

offers from kings, reading, herts bradford and bath.

Chose bath, as asked a few 1st years and they love it, the campus is absolutely amazing and its ranked highly for pharmacy, the vibe, atmosphere, the fact its one campus and everything is there

we actually got to see some labs i think when i went for the interview, just everything about it seems quite cool. thats the reason why, the rest had their disadvantages, but i think bath is a good fit, its ranked good for student satisfaction and other factors so its important to take that into account rather than rumours but each person has a preference i guess :smile:

oh and i loved their facilities e.g. gym

what about u?
Original post by Danny786
offers from kings, reading, herts bradford and bath.

Chose bath, as asked a few 1st years and they love it, the campus is absolutely amazing and its ranked highly for pharmacy, the vibe, atmosphere, the fact its one campus and everything is there

we actually got to see some labs i think when i went for the interview, just everything about it seems quite cool. thats the reason why, the rest had their disadvantages, but i think bath is a good fit, its ranked good for student satisfaction and other factors so its important to take that into account rather than rumours but each person has a preference i guess :smile:

oh and i loved their facilities e.g. gym

what about u?

^this.
I'm hoping to firm Bath once I've got all my replies. I absolutely loved the campus. Just need to get the grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kathyy
Has anyone heard back from Kingston after the interview?

heyy, when did you send off your application? i havent even been offered an interview from kingston and ive recieved offers from everyone else -.-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending