The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BlairCWaldorf
thinking of applying to UCL through extra. Are there any more interview dates?

there is no interview in UCL
Reply 3381
Original post by Snowflake14
Got an offer from nottingham today yaaaaay

Awesome!! Congrats! I've been waiting to hear back from them for ages! When did you have your interview?
Just got an offer from Cardiff wooooo :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kathyy
Awesome!! Congrats! I've been waiting to hear back from them for ages! When did you have your interview?

Thank you :smile: I had my interview in December and was put on hold til March and finally got a reply today :smile:
Reply 3384
Original post by Snowflake14
Thank you :smile: I had my interview in December and was put on hold til March and finally got a reply today :smile:

Omg me too! I'm so scared, fingers crossed!
Hi guys! I'm a first year Pharmacy student at Durham Uni :smile: feel free to ask any questions you may have about the course, accommodation or just university in general, I'll try to answer them as best as I can! :smile:
Original post by emmaprsn
Hi guys! I'm a first year Pharmacy student at Durham Uni :smile: feel free to ask any questions you may have about the course, accommodation or just university in general, I'll try to answer them as best as I can! :smile:

How is first year Pharmacy so far :smile::smile::smile:
Received all my offers!
Bath, Brighton, Portsmouth, Kingston and De montfort. Now it's decision time...
Original post by Nadin123k
Received all my offers!
Bath, Brighton, Portsmouth, Kingston and De montfort. Now it's decision time...

Lol you have until May. Give it a good think :smile:
Original post by Harr0007
Ive had offers from Bath , Aston ,Reading and Portsmouth ...... Bath , Aston and Reading were all great in their own way .... Bath sports complex and over all feel and the chance to spend you last year abroad would make it a great choice for anyone ....
Reading had a great feel , great facilities and also runs a summer business course so you wouldn't be totally green to the running of a Pharmacy .....
Aston was a state of the art complex , right in the middle of the city but once you entered it you could be anywhere ....
On my way to Portsmouth on the 11th to visit ..... then it's make your mind up time :confused::smile:

could you tell me what Portsmouth is like when you go please, got an offer from them but cant seem to make my mind up :smile:
Original post by ankitaa123
could you tell me what Portsmouth is like when you go please, got an offer from them but cant seem to make my mind up :smile:

No problem .... i really do think though that u'd be better paying them a visit rather than taking other people's opinion's about it ...
We all like different things ( thank god ) , and what might suit me , perhaps won't suit you .... as soon has i have been i'll mail you ... good luck with your decision:smile:
Original post by superhulk
International applicant here, doing IB, from Hong Kong :smile:

Got offers from KCL, Manchester, Reading, Birmingham and unconditional for Nottingham. Only had one interview (Nottingham). If anyone needs some advice, feel free to ask! ^^

Probably going to firm KCL and insurance Reading.

Hey I'm an International Student from HK doing IB as well :biggrin: Got an email from Nottingham a few days ago that I'll have a Skype interview with them. Could you please tell me what sort of things they asked, and how could I prepare for it? Thanks!
Has anyone who had a cardiff interview on the 18tg heard back yet? Cause they said it would be 14days
Original post by ShaniquaBiggums
Hey I'm an International Student from HK doing IB as well :biggrin: Got an email from Nottingham a few days ago that I'll have a Skype interview with them. Could you please tell me what sort of things they asked, and how could I prepare for it? Thanks!

Hey!! Sure of course :smile: A professor from the Malaysia campus came to interview me, so I'm not sure how it might differ with a Skype interview, buuut it should be quite similar.

So here's what happened for me. There's going to be 7 stations, each part will give you a couple minutes to read the questions and think before you answer:

1. About Yourself. Here, you're going to talk about yourself, your hobbies, interests, academics, why you want to study pharmacy, your strengths and weaknesses, etc.

2. Knowledge of pharmacy. Make sure you know what hospital pharmacists, local pharmacists and industrial pharmacists are. Think about what kind you want to explore after studying and why. Have a look at what pharmacy consists of.

3. Ethical dilemmas. Here, they're going to give you a scenario. You're going to have to consider the possible reasons behind the problem you see, what are the options in terms of actions you might take, and what you would actually do. Mention people that might be affected, and also think about the "ethically bad" options to show that you know those are possible too.

Professional values. They should have sent you a code of conduct in advance. Memorize the 7 points within the code of conduct. They will give you a couple scenarios, and you just have to link them with how they might relate to the code of conduct.

5. Science within pharmacy. For me, it was a written test. Not sure what it might be for a Skype interview, maybe asking you verbally? Brush up on acids and bases, and organic chemistry. You should be okay with Chemistry anyway since we're doing IB :P (bless you for doing IB as well btw)

6. Mathematics. Just a simple maths paper. I do standard level maths and I got full marks in this, you're fine. Again, not sure what it would be for Skype interview.

7. Science and clinical practice. They will give you a specific pharmacy product (I got antacid), and they will give you certain questions like chemical equations, mole calculations and a bunch of different things which you should be able to answer.

Overall, some pointers:
1. Take your couple of minutes to structure your answers.
2. Research on possible career paths after studying.
3. Know the special features of the pharmacy course in Nottingham.
4. Revise math and chemistry.
5. Relax, smile, and be yourself. You will do fine.

Good luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by EviePharm
Has anyone who had a cardiff interview on the 18tg heard back yet? Cause they said it would be 14days

My interview was on the 4th and I only heard back on Tuesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harr0007
No problem .... i really do think though that u'd be better paying them a visit rather than taking other people's opinion's about it ...
We all like different things ( thank god ) , and what might suit me , perhaps won't suit you .... as soon has i have been i'll mail you ... good luck with your decision:smile:

I knoww, I went for the applicant day and i like it but dont like it if that makes sense, same goes for my other uni choice but obviously wont go on solely what other people say but it helps :smile: Thank you so much though! :smile:
Did anyone have a Bath interview today?
Guys do you think it's silly to firm UCL and make KCL my insurance even though they both want AAB? I've heard kcl are more lenient on results day but idk :frown: helppppp!
Thanks in advance
Original post by EviePharm

I had my interview on feb 18th and heard back from them 2 days ago, you should call them cause they said if you haven't heard from them in 2 weeks then you should call them
Original post by mush240
Guys do you think it's silly to firm UCL and make KCL my insurance even though they both want AAB? I've heard kcl are more lenient on results day but idk :frown: helppppp!
Thanks in advance

what are your other offer conditions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending