The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beansontoast92
OMG Chem 4 was the best....i hated chem 5 lol

Aw I loved chem5! Way preferred it! I just don't get on with spectroscopy at all!
Original post by chanel96
Aw I loved chem5! Way preferred it! I just don't get on with spectroscopy at all!

I didnt understand NMR at all when I did it loll :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3822
Anyone here firmed CARDIFF university for pharmacy in September 2015 ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zesh96
Anyone here firmed CARDIFF university for pharmacy in September 2015 ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have!
Original post by beansontoast92
OMG Chem 4 was the best....i hated chem 5 lol

Chem5 was alright!!chem 4 was just ....*lost for words*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chanel96
It was literally a life ruiner -_- what the hell even was that nucleophilic addition elimination reaction, it basically ingested itself! Ugh it still annoys me to this day 😂 how they can possibly make it any worse is beyond me...but they will find a way!

Lmaooo!!! I understood what was going on in that mechanism I just messed up my arrows.
I didn't understand NMR lol.The last page I was like 0_O what the frick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGemini
Lmaooo!!! I understood what was going on in that mechanism I just messed up my arrows.
I didn't understand NMR lol.The last page I was like 0_O what the frick

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly didn't have a clue! I stared at it for a good 5 minutes wondering how the hell it turned into a cyclic compound lmao! Oh my god I'm with you on that one, I managed to only get one mark on the last page...I hate nmr-__-
Original post by TheGemini
Chem5 was alright!!chem 4 was just ....*lost for words*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loll...goodluck :smile:
1st Pharmacy Exam starts tomorrow!
Original post by propagation

Good luck mate! :teeth:

My first exam of the year is this Wednesday :emo:

Original post by James A

Good luck guys, got my first exam of the season on Thursday! Luckily it's all MCQs though! :smile:
Original post by thegodofgod
Good luck guys, got my first exam of the season on Thursday! Luckily it's all MCQs though! :smile:

All the best to you too :tongue:

for some of our papers we had all MCQ last year so this year will feel strange having to deal with papers that have a little MCQ and the rest is short answers / long answer questions :laugh:
Original post by James A
All the best to you too :tongue:

for some of our papers we had all MCQ last year so this year will feel strange having to deal with papers that have a little MCQ and the rest is short answers / long answer questions :laugh:

Yeah, for us all written exams in Y1 and Y2 have been fully MCQs, but this year we have a fully SAQ paper in June, which is worth 35% of the year :zomg:

It's going to take a long time trying to transition to answering SAQ-style questions :frown:
Yeah, for us all written exams in Y1 and Y2 have been fully MCQs, but this year we have a fully SAQ paper in June, which is worth 35% of the year :zomg:

It's going to take a long time trying to transition to answering SAQ-style questions :frown:

Fully MCQs? That seems ok, are the questions rather confusing sometimes though and how much did you study for the tests?
Original post by AJeeeee
Fully MCQs? That seems ok, are the questions rather confusing sometimes though and how much did you study for the tests?

The questions can be a bit confusing at times, but on the whole they're okay. If you're smart, you'll be able to eliminate at least 3 of the 5 options, and then either use knowledge or an educated guess to pick the option that you think is correct.

In terms of studying for MCQs, it's pretty much the same as studying for other exams - you learn the same content. With MCQs, however, you have the option of learning some things like less detail, hoping that something will jog your memory in the exam - it's not so for SAQs, LAQs, and essays.

Original post by James A

Thanks, hope your exam goes well.
It was BioPharm :/
Thanks, hope your exam goes well.
It was BioPharm :/

Ah, you'd have done great man. Fingers crossed for you!

:yy: cheers bud

When is the next exam?
Original post by James A
Ah, you'd have done great man. Fingers crossed for you!

:yy: cheers bud

When is the next exam?

lmao, I hope so.
Friday!
If i got an offer from dmu for 300 ucas points abc or bbb but i end up getting bbc and the c being in chemistry will they still let me in
Original post by littletr100
If i got an offer from dmu for 300 ucas points abc or bbb but i end up getting bbc and the c being in chemistry will they still let me in

Possibly, one of my family friends got in with BCD. Maybe cos the national average grades last year were lower than previous years:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending