The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by niksnar
i got an offer from bradford and de montfort.. i cant decide which uni is the best for me to firm it.. got rejected by bath, aston and portsmouth..:frown: ...probably because of international student quota is so limited... someone please give an opinion about those 2 uni... much appreciated if someone can help me..

What offers did you get from both uni's? :smile:
Is Pharmcay at Kingston doable and will it put me at any disadvantage compared with somone who has done pharmacy at a better uni?
Original post by Nadin123k
Received all my offers!
Bath, Brighton, Portsmouth, Kingston and De montfort. Now it's decision time...

What offers did you get from the universities? :smile:
Original post by BioAgent
Is Pharmcay at Kingston doable and will it put me at any disadvantage compared with somone who has done pharmacy at a better uni?

No one has replied guess Im gonna fail in life now.
No one has replied guess Im gonna fail in life now.

Pharmacy is a vocational course so you will still have a good shot when it comes to finding work. Then again, going somewhere like Nottingham does have its advantages, for example it may have more connections with pharma companies or the overall delivery of the course may be better. Just remember that they all produce pharmacists.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3925
Hi I'm an AS student and I think I got grade A in ICT, grade B in chemistry, and grade U in maths. I am planing to re-take 2 maths modules to improve my grade to at least B/C. When I make my 5 university choices to do pharmacy, do you think I will get rejected or be given an offer considering the fact that I re-take 2 modules and not the whole year?
Reply 3926
Original post by Lanik
Hi I'm an AS student and I think I got grade A in ICT, grade B in chemistry, and grade U in maths. I am planing to re-take 2 maths modules to improve my grade to at least B/C. When I make my 5 university choices to do pharmacy, do you think I will get rejected or be given an offer considering the fact that I re-take 2 modules and not the whole year?

No you should be okay. retaking modules is totally fine its not like you're resetting the whole year. Even if you were resetting year 12 that's still not a problem.
Original post by jordan_watson
I was really hoping to go to Manchester but I've heard they rarely make ABB offers. Has anyone had an ABB offer from there ? Really don't see myself getting anything above that :frown:

I have an ABB offer from Manchester, at interview the man said if you get ABB (A in chemistry) then you should be fine, even if your offer is higher :smile:
Reply 3928
Ahh okay thanks :smile:
Anyone firmed Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

I just wanted to find out which universities do Medical Pharmacology, and what is the difference between Pharmacology/Pharmacy and Medical Pharmacology?

Thanks
Guys can someone help me I made a mistake in applying for Biomedical science. I want to do Pharmacy do you thin I can get in? If anyone has any advise please share it with me Im really worried at the moment.

I was in exactly the same position as you a year ago. I had firmed biomed at UEA but decided I wanted to do pharmacy. On results day I called up UEA, reading and a bunch of other unis and got an offer from all of them through clearing even though I got BBB. I had to reject my biomed offer first and accept the new offer, but I did this after I had got confirmation of my offers on the phone. In the end I picked UEA and I finished my first year with a 2:1!
Original post by yasminalsaffar
I was in exactly the same position as you a year ago. I had firmed biomed at UEA but decided I wanted to do pharmacy. On results day I called up UEA, reading and a bunch of other unis and got an offer from all of them through clearing even though I got BBB. I had to reject my biomed offer first and accept the new offer, but I did this after I had got confirmation of my offers on the phone. In the end I picked UEA and I finished my first year with a 2:1!

Did you phone up Manchester?? If so did they give you an offer
Original post by yasminalsaffar

I should have done this. I got released from my Biomed offer and applied to Pharmacy but got rejected because im guessing because I'm predicted a c in chem :frown: If I meet the entry requirements and the course is in clearing do you think I could apply to the same uni again?

really lost...
Original post by LucyG123
Did you phone up Manchester?? If so did they give you an offer

No i didn't. But you could definitely still give it ok if they're in clearing
I should have done this. I got released from my Biomed offer and applied to Pharmacy but got rejected because im guessing because I'm predicted a c in chem :frown: If I meet the entry requirements and the course is in clearing do you think I could apply to the same uni again?

really lost...

i think you definitely could! I didn't meet the entry requirements for UEA, they were asking for AAB and I still got an offer with BBB. I found in clearing that a lot of unis were suprisingly leaneant. Nearly one third of my year got in through clearing! I used the telegraph clearing app and called all the uni's I was interested in as soon as i got my results. Make a list of a few, check they are in clearing and give them a ring. ! Don't worry, if I learnt anything over the past year its don't lose hope! There is always another path.
Is there anyone here who specialized in the pharmacokinetics in the master degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3937
Hi I would like to apply for pharmacy next year, and would really like to study at a Russell Group university. Most of the universities I have looked at require AAB, and my predicted grades are ABC.

Is there anything I can incorporate into my personal statement or any activites anyone did which look particularly well, and would help strengthen my application so less emphasis is placed on grades due to the university wanting me as an individual?

Also are there any Russell Group universities which are known to or ever have lowered their AAB offer to candidates they really want, or candidates who slightly miss the grades?
Original post by ax123
Hi I would like to apply for pharmacy next year, and would really like to study at a Russell Group university. Most of the universities I have looked at require AAB, and my predicted grades are ABC.

Is there anything I can incorporate into my personal statement or any activites anyone did which look particularly well, and would help strengthen my application so less emphasis is placed on grades due to the university wanting me as an individual?

Also are there any Russell Group universities which are known to or ever have lowered their AAB offer to candidates they really want, or candidates who slightly miss the grades?

I would suggest making known your interest in the subject, like reading the pharmaceutical journal and work experience to show you have a real interest in the subject and mention things that set you apart as a person like activities you do, any volunteering and work etc.
I was the same position as you and was lucky to get an offer from Kings even though I didn't pick them so don't worry :smile:
Reply 3939
I have been to summer schools on pharmacy strands, and done work experience in a hospital and community pharmacy. If you dont mind me asking, what grades were on your offer and what grades did you achieve?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending