The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I am interested in Pharmacy, but isn't it becoming over saturated job wise?
Really worries me, that i won't be able to find a job after completing the degree.
Original post by Kill3er
I am interested in Pharmacy, but isn't it becoming over saturated job wise?
Really worries me, that i won't be able to find a job after completing the degree.

It is saturated, and the situation will not improve soon. It is so saturated in fact, that universities are offering pharmacy in clearing...
That being said, you'll still be in a good chance of getting a job, but the supply of pharmacists are increasing and the demand isn't increasing at the same rate, which will mean pharmacies will start hiring for lower salaries...
Has anyone started there personal statement yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Itsmonique
Has anyone started there personal statement yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have, I basically added to it whilst I did my work experience this year. What about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ankitagandhi
Yeah I have, I basically added to it whilst I did my work experience this year. What about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Almost done with it! I just need to make sure I get different opinions from people. I'm gonna give it to my head of sixth form the first day i go back to school. What universities are you hoping to apply to?
Almost done with it! I just need to make sure I get different opinions from people. I'm gonna give it to my head of sixth form the first day i go back to school. What universities are you hoping to apply to?

Yeah I was wondering who I should show it to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Yeah I was wondering who I should show it to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could show it to your family members, classmates, teachers?
You could show it to your family members, classmates, teachers?

Yeah just worried that teachers will hlance over it and won't have time. Apparently you shouldn't show it to people who are also writing ps but im sure it'll be fine so long as you are doing different courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah just worried that teachers will hlance over it and won't have time. Apparently you shouldn't show it to people who are also writing ps but im sure it'll be fine so long as you are doing different courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I see what you mean. What universities are you hoping to apply to?
Yeah I see what you mean. What universities are you hoping to apply to?

Bradford Huddersfield Manchester Central Lancashire. .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kings, Medway, DMU, Liverpool John moores, Portsmouth. My AS grades are not very good but I'm hoping to pull them up this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bradford Huddersfield Manchester Central Lancashire. .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! I'm hoping to apply to Manchester, Bath, Nottingham, Durham and Reading.
Kings, Medway, DMU, Liverpool John moores, Portsmouth. My AS grades are not very good but I'm hoping to pull them up this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are really good universities! I was hoping to get at least an A in one of my AS subjects but ended up with BBBC. I am gonna aim for AAA for my subjects at A2
Those are really good universities! I was hoping to get at least an A in one of my AS subjects but ended up with BBBC. I am gonna aim for AAA for my subjects at A2

I got Cs so I'm hoping to get ABB next year because I was a few UMS of a B in chemistry this year so it's realistic 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got Cs so I'm hoping to get ABB next year because I was a few UMS of a B in chemistry this year so it's realistic ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

my friend is in the same position! you can always retake the chemistry exams
Do you guys have any ideas on what I can add on to my personal statement that will make is stand out ? Should I include pharmacy related books I read ? A biology report I did on HIV drugs for my As ? Volunteering for the red Cross? Any help greatly appreciated
Original post by TheLegalDealer
Do you guys have any ideas on what I can add on to my personal statement that will make is stand out ? Should I include pharmacy related books I read ? A biology report I did on HIV drugs for my As ? Volunteering for the red Cross? Any help greatly appreciated

If you have done all of those then you can mention them in your personal statement but make sure you relate them to pharmacy such as the skills you have gained, it will definitely make you stand out.
If you have done all of those then you can mention them in your personal statement but make sure you relate them to pharmacy such as the skills you have gained, it will definitely make you stand out.

Cheers for the reply, so what kind of skills should I mention ? Any examples?
Original post by TheLegalDealer
Cheers for the reply, so what kind of skills should I mention ? Any examples?

your welcome! :smile: You can mention communication skills, problem-solving skills etc.
your welcome! :smile: You can mention communication skills, problem-solving skills etc.

Thank you so much! May I ask what kind of pharmacy experience you have? Because I think I'm a bit short because I only did work experience in my local pharmacist and did a summer school in PharmaChem and that about it really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending