The Student Room Group

Should you mix business and pleasure?????

This is a very confusing problem and to avoid using names im gonna use letters. Here we go:

I am person 'A' who is the child of person 'D', and person 'B' is the child of person 'C', there is no relation between 'D' & 'A' with 'C' & 'B'. Person 'D' owns a shop where person 'A', 'C' and 'B' work. Person 'A' has a major crush on Person 'B' but doesnt know if person 'B' feels the same.

The problem is that im not sure if mixing business and pleasure is good and things may become complicated and akward if person 'A' tells person 'B' how they feel.

Please help i would really apprecitate it. Im sorry its a bit confusing and questions are welcome.

Thanks
Reply 1
I say go for it. Take a chance.

P.S: Using made up names would have been easier.
Anonymous
This is a very confusing problem and to avoid using names im gonna use letters. Here we go:

I am person 'A' who is the child of person 'D', and person 'B' is the child of person 'C', there is no relation between 'D' & 'A' with 'C' & 'B'. Person 'D' owns a shop where person 'A', 'C' and 'B' work. Person 'A' has a major crush on Person 'B' but doesnt know if person 'B' feels the same.

The problem is that im not sure if mixing business and pleasure is good and things may become complicated and akward if person 'A' tells person 'B' how they feel.

Please help i would really apprecitate it. Im sorry its a bit confusing and questions are welcome.

Thanks

Confusing as this post was, why don't you just go for it and ask Person B how they feel? Even if person C and D are there....like you won't know until you try.
would have been a lot simpler if you said "i work in my dads shop where there is this girl and her dad who also work there, i like her, should i ask her out.

its totaly up to you, asking her out and her rejecting you will not cause huge problems but if you went out and then broke up it would cause problems.
Anonymous

Thanks

*tries to remember GCSE biology so he can draw a genealogy diagram*

*fails*

Oh, I see.

Why didn't you just say "I work in my parent's shop and fancy someone who also works there, whose parent also works there"?

Also, are you good friends? If so maybe consider flirting slightly. If they're not interested, back off.

Edit 2: in fact, why bother? You fancy them, simple as that. Ask them out outside the shop. :confused: Does it really matter that you're working together as two parents and two children?
Business + Pleasure = More Risk = Better Sex = Yes!
Reply 6
.ThatDope.
Business + Pleasure = More Risk = Better Sex = Yes!

now that was an easy equation to solve..
Reply 7
If you want to be professional, no. That would mean you put business first and pleasure takes second priority.

But from experience, everybody is at it (i.e. going out, sleeping with people from work). Not that that means it's good but if an opportunity arose for me, I would probably take it. Where I work, there seems to be all kinds of things going on.

You mentioned your parents working at the same place. Maybe that is more an issue than the fact you work with 'B'?
Reply 8
Sounds dodgy and inbred. Are you from Burnley?
Reply 9
Rock me Amadeus
Rock me Amadeus

Hahah :biggrin:
You work in a shop, I wouldnt really call it business and pleasure. Just do it :insert nike tick:
Reply 12
If I were you I'd go on a double date.

A + B
C + D
unless your serious about your job, mixing work and pleasure is def worth it

Latest

Trending

Trending