The Student Room Group

Thick brown discharge on Cerazette

I've been on Cerazette for 5 months now with absolutely no issues and no bleeding at all. Previously I had been on Rigevidon which is a combined pill but was switched to the mini pill due to high blood pressure. I used to take my rigevidon packs back to back to prevent my period and after a few times I would start to get some breakthrough bleeding and so would take a break for my period and then repeat. The discharge I'm experiencing just now though is brown, thick and has a smell to it and is nothing like the breakthrough bleeding I had on the combined pill. I'm going to have a break from Cerazette, have my period and see if that helps, but does anyone know what this could be or what's causing it?
Original post by Anonymous
I've been on Cerazette for 5 months now with absolutely no issues and no bleeding at all. Previously I had been on Rigevidon which is a combined pill but was switched to the mini pill due to high blood pressure. I used to take my rigevidon packs back to back to prevent my period and after a few times I would start to get some breakthrough bleeding and so would take a break for my period and then repeat. The discharge I'm experiencing just now though is brown, thick and has a smell to it and is nothing like the breakthrough bleeding I had on the combined pill. I'm going to have a break from Cerazette, have my period and see if that helps, but does anyone know what this could be or what's causing it?

This seems to be normal from what I have read. My understanding is that its similar to the discharge you'll often get just after a period. Its vaginal fluids with a little blood in the mix (brown because its been there a little while). I guess the pill doesn't stop all the blood build up all the time.
Is it around the frequency you'd usually have periods? I think it normally coincides with that.

Generally though a bot of brown discharge is nothing to worry about unless you have discomfort along with it. Then it could be something like an infection.

There is a very slim chance of it being a sign of more serious stuff, but there would be other symptoms too. Especially where you're on the pill id expect its nothing other than a little leftover blood.

Anything changes (inc smell) you can pop into the docs to be sure. :smile:
Reply 2
i am on cerazette and it doesnt seem to be stopping my period it seems normal as the last one i had before i was introduced to the cerazette pill to be able to stop periods
Reply 3
Original post by bump143
i am on cerazette and it doesnt seem to be stopping my period it seems normal as the last one i had before i was introduced to the cerazette pill to be able to stop periods

Hi. I'm closing this thread because it's old and that gets confusing (people respond to the old OP etc). If you want to discuss this topic please feel free to post a new thread. It should get more attention that way. :smile:

Latest