The Student Room Group

Please help me put my reaction towards my ex-girlfriend into words.

I accidentally stumbled across my ex-girlfriend's profile picture on facebook whilst I was searching for my sister (same first name) and for some reason I was overcome with this emotional pain... it is hard to describe. After this subsided a surge of adrenaline kicked in. Then I had a moment of clarity that I am not happy with my currenty lifestlye and reflected that I have effectively isolate myself in my escapism for the past 2 years.

A little bit of background:

-it was my first long-term relationship, lasted 3 years, she broke up with me, it ended rather abruptly, the relationship wasn't healthy
-2 years have passed, no interest in rekindling the relationship, realised that we were only strangers to each other in the end
-post-break-up I've had panic attacks on 2-3 occasions when I bump into a friend of hers or anything that has a strong association to my ex-gf

I still seem to really be occupied by it emotionally, after all this time and i don't know what to do. please help

Why do I react the way I do?
Reply 1
It's a fairly normal way to react tbh. I don't think you need to say anything to her though. Especially of you have no interest in rekindling the relationship. People deal with things in all kinds of different ways, this is obviously your way of coping with things...
Reply 2
The only thing I can do to help you is to ask you to go see a doctor or psychiatrist.

Quick Reply

Latest