The Student Room Group

What will UCAS show if I need certain GCSE grade?

Hi guys,

So whenever it is results day, I believe UCAS will be the first to show whether or not you've got the grades required to get in the course (it won't actually show the grades, the offer will just change to unconditional if the grades are met?)

But what happens if, say the conditional grades were ABB + a pass (C or higher) in GCSE Maths.

If I did meet the A-Level grades of ABB and have already achieved a C in GCSE Maths (without repeating), will it still show up as conditional UNTIL I send in my certificate of GCSE Maths? So does this mean realistically I will have to wait until the post comes to determine if I actually got in?

Many thanks!!
Original post by JPmca
Hi guys,

So whenever it is results day, I believe UCAS will be the first to show whether or not you've got the grades required to get in the course (it won't actually show the grades, the offer will just change to unconditional if the grades are met?)

But what happens if, say the conditional grades were ABB + a pass (C or higher) in GCSE Maths.

If I did meet the A-Level grades of ABB and have already achieved a C in GCSE Maths (without repeating), will it still show up as conditional UNTIL I send in my certificate of GCSE Maths? So does this mean realistically I will have to wait until the post comes to determine if I actually got in?

Many thanks!!

Ucas don't receive GCSE grades automatically, unlike A levels, so they will not know you have passed until after you have had your results and you have told them. Track will remain as conditional until they receive the information from you. If you have already taken your GCSE and have the result, they seem to want you to prove it before making it unconditional, so they want to see your certificate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending