The Student Room Group

Met any TSR member in real life?

Scroll to see replies

Met quite a lot being a mod and met up with one the other day for drinks and catch up :biggrin:
Original post by Solemn Rain
:rofl:

How did they act?

Too many to really list individuals.

But look at it this way, TSR will attract a very different group of people to those that are in a normal community if you know what I mean, and there are very many different types of people that will get drawn to TSR for very many different reasons.

Some get drawn to TSR because they are loudmouths and want to talk to more people (I put myself in this category), some people join because they have ridiculous views and want to test them on people (not met any of these), some join because they are absolute nerds and can't get enough of studying, so spend their spare time once they've done their work, on studying forums (I have met a couple of these, and I would rather watch paint dry than spend a minute listening to them)... And then you get the slightly different kind, the type that have absolutely no social life in the real world, and so try to live their life online. The fact is that a lot of these people probably have minor difficulties which basically look like aspergers, and let me tell you, I have met a couple like that.

All you see of most people is their username and however they want to represent yourself, the internet offers people a release because they get judged as an equal, because social issues don't personify themselves as extremely through text on a forum (although some people obviously can't even hide it on a forum). Meeting these people is the hardest part of going to a TSR meet.
Original post by bubble999

Ooo, who was it?
Original post by Motorbiker
Ooo, who was it?

No one well known - people going to be on my course in September :smile:
No but there's one or two I wouldn't mind meeting sometime in the future :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest