The Student Room Group

I think I got A*AA but my course only requires BBB? Am I wasting an opportunity?

I got AAAA in AS last year, applied to optometry and orthoptics. So, I only put orthoptics as my firm

Decided I didn't want to do optometry. I have a feeling I got A*AA with the A* being in biology.

Am I wasting an opportunity?
Yes /thread
Reply 2
There's a thing called adjustment :hmmmm:
Original post by rambo1168
x

Yup, adjustment exists to help the likes of you out :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Keoje
There's a thing called adjustment :hmmmm:

I still don't know what I want to do

:frown:
Reply 5

Go with your guts, lol. You'll be happier that way.
Reply 6
Pursue a course you'll be happy doing. Not something that you would wanna drop out of after a year and make another thread on what to do now.
Reply 7

I've pretty much finished uni and still don't :five:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Changing_university_via_adjustment:_what_you_need_to_know

Some info on Adjustment.

I know Nik (shooks) recently wrote a new article on adjustment as well but i dunno where it is.
Reply 9
I got AAAA in AS last year, applied to optometry and orthoptics. So, I only put orthoptics as my firm

Decided I didn't want to do optometry. I have a feeling I got A*AA with the A* being in biology.

Am I wasting an opportunity?

If health care/bio sciences are what you're looking at then dentistry and medicine are options with A*AA
Reply 10
It's not about what grades you get, it's about what you want to do and what you would enjoy the most and then working towards gaining the grades required to meet the entry requirement of that course.
Also, for reference i got A*AAa and other peoiple on my course got ABB. They ended up getting the same first at the end as i did.

I could have gone into Adjustment but i picked the place i wanted to go because i wanted to go there.
As Motor said above just because you got more A*s at A-level and/or GCSEs than your peers is not an indication that you will do better than them on the course.
Weigh up your options, look into adjustment if you're confident. Consider waiting until you get your results though before really committing yourself, then when you get your results you can return to tell us about how difficult and stressed you're finding life with your A* grades at A level
Reply 14
Original post by Motorbiker
Also, for reference i got A*AAa and other peoiple on my course got ABB. They ended up getting the same first at the end as i did.

I could have gone into Adjustment but i picked the place i wanted to go because i wanted to go there.

thanks, I guess a levels don't matter I'm just going to stick to what I picked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Cloud nine.
As Motor said above just because you got more A*s at A-level and/or GCSEs than your peers is not an indication that you will do better than them on the course.

I didn't say that anywhere, I was just wondering whether I should've applied to a different course/university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Reece Sure
Weigh up your options, look into adjustment if you're confident. Consider waiting until you get your results though before really committing yourself, then when you get your results you can return to tell us about how difficult and stressed you're finding life with your A* grades at A level

Lol at the last part thanks for the bitterness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
It'd be a shame if you settled for a lesser uni if you really did get those grades.
Is taking a gap year at all possible?
Reply 18
Original post by P357
It'd be a shame if you settled for a lesser uni if you really did get those grades.
Is taking a gap year at all possible?

I'd rather not take a gap year :smile: I'm just going to just stick with the course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moved to Applications and UCAS :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending