The Student Room Group

My dads giving me a hard time :'(

I'm going to cry. I feel like i'm going faint because I'm fasting. Every Sunday and Wednesday hes home and hes absolutely rubbish with technology. He can't even go to Google ffs and he has a freakin ipad and iphone.
I spent 11-4pm cooking (takes ages to cook the dish)
Then he made me wash the carpets. I am persian... Every single room has a blimmin' Persian Rug.
I spend an hour washing 2 rugs. And now he is making me put all his photos into his iPad.
AND he has 1000's..

I feel weak.. and do not think i can ever fast again on Sundays and Wednesdays.
Help ;;;(

- btw i do not like to be weak. I know there are people out there with any food at all.
So don't argue with me - i don't have the energy for it.
Pretend to be ill
When someone brings you a glass slipper, seize the opportunity.
Hey, I'm afghan and my dad is basically the same as yours. He used to tell me to do alot of chores whilst Ramadan and it made me feel very sick and tired so I told him that I would split the chores and do one on one day and another on the next and he agreed. Maybe you should try that out?
I'm Muslim too and I can understand how hard it is fasting especially with the length of day. I advise you to sit down with him, and tell him sincerely (but politely) that it isn't fair that you're doing all the work. Whoever is in the house and is eating the food should help to contribute with cooking or cleaning the rug so that the amount your doing is minimised. I understand the culture of women doing the cooking and cleaning, but that culture is absolute rubbish. You're human and you're fasting just like all the other males in the household, so they should be expected to work just as hard as you are.
Tell him to wash some of the rugs in return for your technological know-how.
You don't have the energy to argue but have the energy to moan like a toddler.

That's what I call attention seeking.
Reply 7
Original post by bethanyyy___
Hey, I'm afghan and my dad is basically the same as yours. He used to tell me to do alot of chores whilst Ramadan and it made me feel very sick and tired so I told him that I would split the chores and do one on one day and another on the next and he agreed. Maybe you should try that out?

We should be BFFS :smile:

khob aste? Roza chotor ast?
Reply 8
Original post by ryan9900
You don't have the energy to argue but have the energy to moan like a toddler.

That's what I call attention seeking.

Lol, i'd like to see you fast,cook,wash carpets, and help someone use tech.
Reply 9
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Pretend to be ill

I'm Muslim too and I can understand how hard it is fasting especially with the length of day. I advise you to sit down with him, and tell him sincerely (but politely) that it isn't fair that you're doing all the work. Whoever is in the house and is eating the food should help to contribute with cooking or cleaning the rug so that the amount your doing is minimised. I understand the culture of women doing the cooking and cleaning, but that culture is absolute rubbish. You're human and you're fasting just like all the other males in the household, so they should be expected to work just as hard as you are.

My dad is one of a kind.
I said to him: Dad i'm weak. I think i'm going to faint any second. Please could i go a sit for a sec.

Response : How do i go on My documents.

:'(
Original post by Dinaa
Lol, i'd like to see you fast,cook,wash carpets, and help someone use tech.

Really doesn't sound that bad. How old are you? If you say under 16 then I'll have some sympathy.

Still no need to put it all over here though. Nobody on here can make you feel any better.
Original post by Dinaa
My dad is one of a kind.
I said to him: Dad i'm weak. I think i'm going to faint any second. Please could i go a sit for a sec.

Response : How do i go on My documents.

:'(

Sorry but that made me lol
Sounds like you could just skive and he wouldn't even realise.
Tomahawk him across the map in COD, then he will shutup.
Reply 13
Original post by AngelPhys
Tomahawk him across the map in COD, then he will shutup.

I love COD :P

I'm like thread, compared to him weight lol.

Weight :50kg
Came in expecting Riku. Left disappointed.
Reply 15
Original post by ryan9900
Really doesn't sound that bad. How old are you? If you say under 16 then I'll have some sympathy.

Still no need to put it all over here though. Nobody on here can make you feel any better.

Depends what i'm making.
What i have been cooking takes about 4 hours to make. It is very difficult to make..
Depends on how big the carpets are..
Like i said. Every room has a carpet. And the carpets are quite big.

I am 16. I don't see how age is relevant.
Some people can be 20 but still have a weak body.
I think weight and strength matters more.
Reply 16
Tell him. An if he carries on giving you a hard time stand up for yourself
Original post by Dinaa
We should be BFFS :smile:

khob aste? Roza chotor ast?

Bakhuda fiqir kadom ki besyor sakht mesha birim magam khob hast tashakur. Khoditon chuto fiqir mekonin wa khuditon chutor hastin?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending