The Student Room Group

Sixth form clothes!!

I'm starting sixth form in September and we don't really have a dress code, we just have a couple of things that we aren't allowed to wear like sandals and low cut tops, short shorts, that type of thing. Anyway I have £75 to spend on sixth form clothing and I wondered what to buy and where to buy it from as I am on a bit of a budget. Any help would really be appreciated!!
Reply 1
Jeans and tops.. And shoes is all your really need..

I'm lucky :P For skirts, i sent one with my mum to Afghanistan. So she can buy the same material and get it designed how i like - VERY cheaply.. Like £1 is 100Afg's over there..
So one skirt would be like a £1 lmao x)

BUT anyways- bang boohoo.com :smile:
Reply 2
Take advantage of the ASOS sale right now. Buy whatever you feel comfortable in - this isn't Mean Girls so nobody cares what you wear.
I'd recommend Primark, Asda, H&M etc.
Yesterday, I bought 3 pairs of jeans from H&M for £30 (£10 each)...but because I had taken back some jeans that didn't fit, which were £22.80 (including discount), I only had to pay £7.20!!!!
Also, if you are shopping online, search 'discount codes (+shop name)' because most stores have discounts that you don't know about yet :wink:
happy shopping
Honestly, no one gives a crap at 6th form.
Reply 5
No one will care after a few weeks. A selection of jumpers is advisable.
It depends what you currently have but when I shopped for college I initially bought staple items, such as:

- Jeans which fit really nicely in black, dark wash and medium wash
- Leather jacket
- Light-weight jacket (safari kinda one)
- Thick winter coat
- Cheap vest tops from Primark to layer underneath things (and when literally every single top is see-through these days they're a necessity), make sure you get black and white as they'd go with most
- Cardigans to layer (again, if you're on a budget maybe start initially with basic colours - black, white, grey, cream, etc)
- Knitted jumpers (there's quite a few in the Dorothy Perkins and Newlook sales at the moment for £5-£10 which is a lot cheaper than Primark's usual prices and they're much better quality so check out those shops)
- Shoes: ballet flats (£4-5 from Primark), Converse/Vans (or inspired styles, they sell them for ~£4 in Primark), boots (depending on your personal style)

I find once you have the basics, you can mix and match outfits and at the beginning of the season I'll go shopping for just a few pieces to update my wardrobe which I can pair with the classic items. Most people, myself included, just wore some combination of skinny jeans, knitted jumper and Converse each day lol, it gets too tiresome to figure out nice outfits for 9am classes.

Like I mentioned, there are some good sales on at the moment, I picked up a cream and blue knitted jumper from Dorothy Perkins for £5 each and they're really nice quality. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest