The Student Room Group

ICL grade requirements (physics)

I've been reading their FAQ section and came across the article I was looking for - taking A levels a year early. I have completed maths A level this year, but I think I have an A in it rather than the required A*. The article said that an A was acceptable, and they may ask for module resits and/or an A* in Further Maths. Okay, I can do that. However, they also mentioned that their offer may not include the early A level, and they may ask for 3 A levels in the final year! Does anyone know how often this is the case? I'm not sure if I want to continue computing, as Comp 4 could be my downfall - I suck at coursework. Please help :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StarvingAutist
I've been reading their FAQ section and came across the article I was looking for - taking A levels a year early. I have completed maths A level this year, but I think I have an A in it rather than the required A*. The article said that an A was acceptable, and they may ask for module resits and/or an A* in Further Maths. Okay, I can do that. However, they also mentioned that their offer may not include the early A level, and they may ask for 3 A levels in the final year! Does anyone know how often this is the case? I'm not sure if I want to continue computing, as Comp 4 could be my downfall - I suck at coursework. Please help :redface:

Call them and ask. The horse's mouth is always the best bet.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Call them and ask. The horse's mouth is always the best bet.

Well I have emailed them, but I got an automatic email directing me to the FAQs. It did say they'd get round to answering properly though. I hope they won't ask me to keep computing! I was thinking of keeping it anyway but the coursework is putting me right off..
Not sure about calling them, I think I'm too socially awkward :lol:
Well I have emailed them, but I got an automatic email directing me to the FAQs. It did say they'd get round to answering properly though. I hope they won't ask me to keep computing! I was thinking of keeping it anyway but the coursework is putting me right off..
Not sure about calling them, I think I'm too socially awkward :lol:

From what I hear, you'll be right at home there....:biggrin:
From what I hear, you'll be right at home there....:biggrin:

Haha so quick to stereotype :tongue:
Haha so quick to stereotype :tongue:

It's part of what makes life fun.:biggrin:
It's part of what makes life fun.:biggrin:

:eyeball: each to their own :lol: you could even make a living out of it, writing for The Big Bang Theory! Or alternatively, the Daily Mail :wink:
:eyeball: each to their own :lol: you could even make a living out of it, writing for The Big Bang Theory! Or alternatively, the Daily Mail :wink:

I do make a living out of it. Being a teacher allows one all manner of amusing observations, many of them true.
I do make a living out of it. Being a teacher allows one all manner of amusing observations, many of them true.

But you're not making a living directly out of it :tongue: though I suppose you're right, observation-wise... I wouldn't mind being a teacher tbh!
But you're not making a living directly out of it :tongue: though I suppose you're right, observation-wise... I wouldn't mind being a teacher tbh!

I wouldn't be employed without my lightning, rapier wit... Certainly you need to be able to counter anything thrown at you (physical or verbal) in the classroom or you are toast.

Anyway, to get the thread back on track, I think you should give them a call. Emails are easily overlooked or ignored, whereas a ringing phone is less so, and you should get put through to someone who can give you a definitive answer. Your question is sufficiently uncommon for you to risk having no one with the same experience on here to advise you.
I wouldn't be employed without my lightning, rapier wit... Certainly you need to be able to counter anything thrown at you (physical or verbal) in the classroom or you are toast.

Anyway, to get the thread back on track, I think you should give them a call. Emails are easily overlooked or ignored, whereas a ringing phone is less so, and you should get put through to someone who can give you a definitive answer. Your question is sufficiently uncommon for you to risk having no one with the same experience on here to advise you.

Yes, good point! I'll need to work on that...

Urgh it's bad enough calling the pizza place! I'll wait until tomorrow anyway, and I might get an email by then. I just wish they'd turned up to the HE fair the other day; it would have made things a lot simpler. Oh well, c'est la vie!
Yes, good point! I'll need to work on that...

Urgh it's bad enough calling the pizza place! I'll wait until tomorrow anyway, and I might get an email by then. I just wish they'd turned up to the HE fair the other day; it would have made things a lot simpler. Oh well, c'est la vie!

If it's any comfort, I eventually got over my phone phobia. You probably will as well.
If it's any comfort, I eventually got over my phone phobia. You probably will as well.

I think that will take a lot of time, effort, and possibly counselling :tongue:
I think that will take a lot of time, effort, and possibly counselling :tongue:

Or just becoming bored with the anxiety. It happens.
Or just becoming bored with the anxiety. It happens.

It does? Then there is hope after all!
It does? Then there is hope after all!

Getting old has many compensations.

Now, go and script that phone call so you don't get stressed.
Getting old has many compensations.

Now, go and script that phone call so you don't get stressed.

Okay, okay, I'll still feel like an idiot but it might work :tongue:
Okay, okay, I'll still feel like an idiot but it might work :tongue:

The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.
The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.

Haha wise words indeed! But so does a journey of one step :wink:
Haha wise words indeed! But so does a journey of one step :wink:

Drop the defeatism, young one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending