The Student Room Group

TFiOS Book review.

http://adf.ly/pxaRI- that link will take you to a vlog review of the book, its adfly so i can keep track of how many people visit the video

Dont expect me to be crying, this was seriously the worst book ive read
I was lyk

Video review down below 6.0
and if it hasnt embedded again - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6PFEMHyyMs
theres the link

*DISCLAIMER
I know for a fact people will dislike that review, just because you loved TFiOS doesnt mean everyone does. Respect that.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Carterj09
Dont expect me to be crying, this was seriously the worst book ive read

I have so much to say, but I wont waste your time by writing an essay on it.

Okay, maybe one thing:
I stopped watching your 'review' on TSIOS at the following point...

"And I am assuming because she's had cancer she wont have had time to study stuff so she would not know this... the plot was uninspiring, terrible, predictable, boring"

People with cancer have lives, you know.
They don't freeze in time and stop doing everything.
They are normal people.

And then I skipped to a couple of minutes later and heard...

"This was a **** book in my opinion... From what I know girls only ever read stuff that makes them sit in their bed crying"

I think most of the points in your 'review' have an argument against them, as well, and your style of review is ever so slightly infuriating.
I therefore couldn't take it seriously.

You said it yourself, your own words:

"I don't care if you like or dislike this review it's just a massive rant about how much I hate TSIOS"

Urgghhh.
(edited 9 years ago)
The book was better than the film

Just sayin

Soznotsoz
Reply 3
The book really got to me, but the movie didn't do it any justice (poor actors being the main reason for this).
Reply 4
Original post by lilypear
The book was better than the film

Just sayin

Soznotsoz

Books are ALWAYS better than the films, no exception.
Ive read the book and watched the film.
Didnt like either or em

if any of yous want a good cry... i am legend
Books are ALWAYS better than the films, no exception.
Ive read the book and watched the film.
Didnt like either or em

if any of yous want a good cry... i am legend

been there, done that.
Reply 6
Original post by Caitlin_3008
I have so much to say, but I wont waste your time by writing an essay on it :wink:

Its ok, ive already had one inboxed death rate

teen girls can really get angry jeez
Reply 7
Original post by lilypear
been there, done that.

Now thats a film worth crying at.
But two obnoxious pretentious teenage shakespeare sounding dramatic monologue making teens lamenting about how ****ty life is and dying here there and everything is not.
Reply 8
Original post by Petulia
The book really got to me, but the movie didn't do it any justice (poor actors being the main reason for this).

When hazel said the grenade quote in the film i cringed soooooo much
Reply 9
overall the whole thing was overrated.

I loved both film and book, the first half of the film was quite cringe but the second half made me cry even when I watched it the second time..
Reply 10
Its ok, ive already had one inboxed death rate

teen girls can really get angry jeez

There you go then, read the edited post.
When hazel said the grenade quote in the film i cringed soooooo much

I thought the same. It just seemed really... tacky / low budget
Reply 12
There you go then, read the edited post.

I literally love books, they are my passion, i read faster than everyone ive talked to. The book sucked. Of course people with cancer have lives, but shes 16 and a half, and she sounds like a philosopher from the 1800's at times.
I actually did a full blown review that basically pointed out every flaw the book had and why it was bad but i was constantly getting hated on and getting loads of death threats.
The fact that you skipped half the review shows you didnt understand most of my points. You obviously didnt notice the points about the cringy quotes and whatnot

The best books are the ones where they leave you stunned at the change of events, john green is a bad author, his writing style is the same in every damn book. He bores me with his tacky writing
Reply 13
Original post by Petulia
I thought the same. It just seemed really... tacky / low budget

Saying that i actually preferred the film, both were equally **** i just actually liked the actors
Reply 14
I literally love books, they are my passion, i read faster than everyone ive talked to. The book sucked. Of course people with cancer have lives, but shes 16 and a half, and she sounds like a philosopher from the 1800's at times.
I actually did a full blown review that basically pointed out every flaw the book had and why it was bad but i was constantly getting hated on and getting loads of death threats.
The fact that you skipped half the review shows you didnt understand most of my points. You obviously didnt notice the points about the cringy quotes and whatnot

The best books are the ones where they leave you stunned at the change of events, john green is a bad author, his writing style is the same in every damn book. He bores me with his tacky writing

I decided I might as well waste 6 minutes of my life watching it, so I did.
I noticed everything, and I had a counter argument for everything.

I can understand why you got all that, honestly. Your style of review is ridiculous :laugh:
Maybe you should try to be a bit more gentle, especially when you're making claims about cancer patients.

So a 16 year old girl isn't allowed to be intelligent, in your mind? Pffft.

I shan't waste any more of my time on this...

Calm down in your reviews and you might earn some respect... you've lost mine, ahah
Reply 15
I decided I might as well waste 6 minutes of my life watching it, so I did.
I noticed everything, and I had a counter argument for everything.

I can understand why you got all that, honestly. Your style of review is ridiculous :laugh:
Maybe you should try to be a bit more gentle, especially when you're making claims about cancer patients.

So a 16 year old girl isn't allowed to be intelligent, in your mind? Pffft.

I shan't waste any more of my time on this...

Calm down in your reviews and you might earn some respect... you've lost mine, ahah

This book and its cult following just piss me off, the books style and plot have been regurgitated thousands of times.
16 year old girls dont speak like poets and make up monologues like hazel does, the character is ridiculous.
The second worst book ive ever read was 100x better than this one.
And like i said, i dont have anything against cancer patients.
And like ive said previously, i dont want your respect, i dont want nor need anyones respect.
A 16 year old girl whos had terminal cancer for several years does not have the level of intellect which hazel has in the book.

So you have arguments agaisnt the crap writing style, flat and very poorly developed characters and contrasting moods they seem to have?
Reply 16
This book and its cult following just piss me off, the books style and plot have been regurgitated thousands of times.
16 year old girls dont speak like poets and make up monologues like hazel does, the character is ridiculous.
The second worst book ive ever read was 100x better than this one.
And like i said, i dont have anything against cancer patients.
And like ive said previously, i dont want your respect, i dont want nor need anyones respect.
A 16 year old girl whos had terminal cancer for several years does not have the level of intellect which hazel has in the book.

So you have arguments agaisnt the crap writing style, flat and very poorly developed characters and contrasting moods they seem to have?

I don't want to reply to this, to be honest.
The point in bold sums up why.

How utterly ridiculous.
Reply 17
I don't want to reply to this, to be honest.
The point in bold sums up why.

How utterly ridiculous.

I know for a fact that grades at high school have no impact on intelligence scales, the ability to remember and repeat has been with us for millions of years.
Reply 18
I know for a fact that grades at high school have no impact on intelligence scales, the ability to remember and repeat has been with us for millions of years.

Your point being?

You've practically stated that people with terminal illnesses are incapable of being intelligent, so honestly, stop trying to back yourself up.
It's a very rude comment.
Reply 19
Your point being?

You've practically stated that people with terminal illnesses are incapable of being intelligent, so honestly, stop trying to back yourself up.
It's a very rude comment.

I never said that. Shes a 16 year old girl, obviously having cancer would make her have a more mature outlook on life but the character was flat and pretentious.

Quick Reply

Latest