The Student Room Group

Group Interview - Help required

I have a group interview for a home furnishing shop (Dunelm) that's opening in my area and not entirely sure what I should wear.
I had planned to wear a shirt and dress trousers to the group interview and wear a suit to the one-on-one interview although I am not sure if the one-on-one is at a later date or immediately after the group session. I asked the recruitment manager and she said she wasn't sure how they would work it.

Should I risk being under dressed and go with the plain shirt and trousers or be that guy that wears a suit to a more informal group interview?
From what I gather the group interview is more about teambuilding exercises and getting to know customer service requirements etc.

Thanks for any help you can provide
Just wear a suit. You can never go wrong wearing a suit. I wore a suit to the beach on Saturday after I finished work. Everyone loves a suit.

It's better to be over dressed than under dressed. I've always worn suits to interviews, both group and one on one. In one scenario, I saw the guy who was being interviewed before me walk out in chinos and a shirt with no tie. Even though he had 20 years on me and heaps more experience I got the job over him. I'm pretty sure it was because I was dressed better.

Quick Reply

Latest