The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

its a s*** with legs
Reply 21
Aren't you daft?
Reply 22
Starsurfer
I have been looking around on the net , just suring today, and found so many sites saying that the world will end in 2012, I am really worried that this will happen and the fear is consuming me, I really do not know what to do. Yesterday I had a dream I was in a plane and in blew up, I am ment to be going to the US soon for a quick trip but I don't know if I will go, I really really scared.

Someone please reasure me.

Were such speculation even remotely conclusive, the 'World' would already have 'ended' several-hundred times over.
Reply 23
OK I feel at ease, but what about flying?

BTW I am not Cat, sorry to ruin that for you.
Reply 24
It's just the same as walking across the road, you never know. But it's almost always worth the risk.

Personally I think the whole terrorism thing is a bit over hyped. Sure there is a threat, but really you're unlikely to die in a plane crash. Except with the wtc, I think it's the safest form of transport where more people are killed by donkeys than plane crashes.
Reply 25
:eek: the worlds going to end?!?! *runs away and loots ASDA*
statistically you are more likely to die whilst putting your trousers on then than you are in a plance crash.

logical solution?.....

.... stop wearing trousers and don't worry about planes.
Reply 27
nobody knows when the world's going to end, no matter how much they may claim to. it could be tomorrow, next week or in a hundred thousand years time. stop worrying!
2012? Someone had better noyify the Olympic committee, Lord Coe will be devastated
Reply 29
What website's are telling that!? Don't worry about predicitions because my mum said they were predicting it was going to end when she was young and she remembers believing them - well that never happened. And remember they said the same at the millenium? ..still here. Noone can predict the end of the world if it is based on religion i don't think. Doesn't it say in the bible something like: noone will know when it will come but be assured it will come...something like that? Duno.

Need to worry about global warming most of all i think.

Try not to worry, i know it's scarey but there really is nothing we can do unless we sort out global warming which the governments don't seem to be doing. Enjoy whatever life u have left (easier said than done when ur worried i know)
Reply 30
I remember being in scohol and there being a TV doc on the apparent end of the world due to take place Aug 12th 1999...! Don't believe random websites - and if you seriously believe all that crap, then despite predicting the end of the world on the said above day Nostradamous (sp?) also made predictions way into the 3000's...!

You have a choice don't you - live every day as if it was your last, enjoy the time that is given to you or dwell on said impending end of world and waste your time being miserable?!

As for flying... it's all about context! How many car crashes are there, people tripping over curves dying compared to fatal air crashes. As a former pilot said on sky news this morning..."the chances of a [commercial] aircraft crashing due to human error, is about 1 in 10 million"
Reply 31
The 'world' isn't going to end anytime soon. Sure humans may eventually become extinct, but the world will go on :smile:
Starsurfer
I have been looking around on the net , just suring today, and found so many sites saying that the world will end in 2012, I am really worried that this will happen and the fear is consuming me, I really do not know what to do. Yesterday I had a dream I was in a plane and in blew up, I am ment to be going to the US soon for a quick trip but I don't know if I will go, I really really scared.

Someone please reasure me.

:rolleyes:

Remind me just why exactly it would end in 2012?
Reply 33
Does no one else find the OP hilairious? Worrying about the world ending? If it's going to end, it's going to end. One way or another. You think worrying is going to stop it?
Reply 34
What date in 2012?
I'll put it in my diary...
Reply 35
I used to get well worried over that too :redface:

don't worry about it - if it ends, it ends and you won't be able to stop it. Just get on with life and wait and see.

Anyone hear about Ahmadinejad's possible plan? Scary stuff - happens tomorrow. (read the sunday times if you haven't a clue).
Reply 36
:wtf?: You can find anything on the net if you look long enough.

Don't worry about the plane. There have been a lot of terrorist scares lately. If it makes you feel better, I'll say a prayer for you.:smile:
Do you know what else there is on the internet?

A group of nutsy people who seriously reckon the Earth is flat, surrounded by giant walls of ice guarded by the government, and that there's a big hole in the middle. Oh, and gravity doesn't exist, nor does the Sun. I kid you not.

I rest my case.
Reply 38
peaches_and_cream
2012? Someone had better noyify the Olympic committee, Lord Coe will be devastated

As long as everything will be alright in 2008. I'm going to be in Beijing and what a disappointment to watch the world end there. :frown:
Reply 39
bunthulhu
Do you know what else there is on the internet?

A group of nutsy people who seriously reckon the Earth is flat, surrounded by giant walls of ice guarded by the government, and that there's a big hole in the middle. Oh, and gravity doesn't exist, nor does the Sun. I kid you not.

I rest my case.

Source?

Latest

Trending

Trending