The Student Room Group

Do you pronounce Primark as 'Pry-mark' or 'Pre-mark'?

Poll

How do you pronounce Primark?

Primark seems to be like 'tomato' - 'toe-may-toe', everyone seems to pronounce it differently, either depending where in The UK they are from or just out of personal preference.

I personally say 'Pre-mark' as does everyone else I know where I am from. Very rarely in Scotland do you hear it get called 'Pry-mark'.

This thread is just for a bit of fun :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm from the Midlands and pronounce it 'Pry-mark'.
'pre-mark'
Reply 3
Pry-mark
Reply 4
London Pry-mark. Tbh that's how it's supposed to be said.
I have never had to pronounce it.
I pronounce it Pry-mark and so do most people i know (i'm from London) . Some people i know call it 'Primarni' for some reason, which is quite annoying haha :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Primarni. It will always be Primarni in my heart.
I've never heard anyone call it pre-mark, that sounds so odd...
Reply 9
Prime Ark :colondollar:
Pry-mark.

I'm deaf so I go along with how everyone else pronounces it. :colondollar:
Pry-mark, I've never actually heard the other version except when people are talking about how it's said. I'm from the Midlands.
Pre-mark, although I think that's a scottish thing!

English people I know, and Edinburgh ones call it Pry-mark, which just sounds silly to me ><
Im from the south and call it pre-mark too :smile:
Prymark. I think the Scottish call it Preemark
preemark
Prymark
"Hell"
Reply 18
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
I pronounce it Pry-mark and so do most people i know (i'm from London) . Some people i know call it 'Primarni' for some reason, which is quite annoying haha :tongue:

There is actually a clothes shop in Birkenhead called Primarni.

OP: I pronounce it as 'pry-mark' as do most people I know. I'm from Merseyside.
Original post by Yasmin25
Primark seems to be like 'tomato' - 'toe-may-toe', everyone seems to pronounce it differently, either depending where in The UK they are from or just out of personal preference.

I personally say 'Pre-mark' as does everyone else I know where I am from. Very rarely in Scotland do you hear it get called 'Pry-mark'.

This thread is just for a bit of fun :smile:

I'm from Edinburgh and I pronounce it Pry-mark

Latest