The Student Room Group

Boyfriend

Hi,

Currently in a long term relationship and currently having some issues. This relates to drug use and the failure to address it.

No matter how many time I think I have got through the next day back to the same old! Explained the risks both health and with the law, still......

The money being spent is stupid at nearly £140 just coming to a fortnight of logging activity that I was aware of. Crazy really is frustrating!

My partner knows the implications on me and still prevails. I've had a tantrum then an grovel a few hours later. The drug use is to dull the boredom and aid with the anxiety. Both of which my partner understands the drug will make worse in the long term by creating a mask.

At what point is enough and ending it wise? It has been suggested that I am being abused mentally and therefore suffering domestic abuse.
Hi
Thank you for your message.
So am I right that it is your partner who is using drugs? It sounds like you have a good understanding of what motivates your partner and that it will only make things worse in the long run.
It is hard to say at what point you should end things, only you can decide when you need to leave. It can be very hard to be in a relationship with a drug user, no matter how much you understand the reasons.

http://www.adfam.org.uk/families - this is a really great organisation that helps people with coping with someone else's drug use. There is lots of info on their site including links to support groups that can help you. I think it would be a great idea for you to contact them and to read the info on their site.
I hope this helps,
take care
Jo

Quick Reply

Latest