The Student Room Group

New Adult Nursing student at University of Manchester with some questions??

Hi,

I have accepted an offer for the University of Manchester Adult Nursing. I was accepted for all 2 Manchester Uni's but felt UoM was the one for me.

I have worked full time since 17 and have decided to do the course now whilst im still fairly young (24), so will be a mature student.

Luckily enough, my current full-time employer has agreed to keep me on to do some hours outside of Univeristy time, which will help me massively to continue to pay bills etc (I have a house to pay for, student accomodation is not an option).

The issue I am faced with at the moment is that I have no idea what the time table for UoM is like, and need let my manager know so that we can agree to some hours.

Does anyone have any idea when the timetables are released? Or can any past/present adult nursing student at UoM give me an idea of what the timetable is like? - I have emailed the uni but so far have not had a reply.

Apologies if there is already a post about this, I have looked and have found similar topics around other uni's but I understand that UoM is quite different especially when it comes to the Nursing degree.

Thanks.

Michelle
They probably won't give you a timetable until you enrol.
And due to nmc guidelines on having to do so many classroom hours and placement hours, which also have to cover days and nights etc it is hard to give you a timetable now. Placements will have to be arranged etc depending on how many are on the course.
Your timetable may change from semester to semester or after each placement, not sure how uom works.
Your employer may just have to wait until closer to September. Still a while away anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thanks for your response - I've only just seen it sorry!

Anyway were on the 1st of September and I'm still non the wiser RE timetable... :confused:
Original post by mich90elle
Thanks for your response - I've only just seen it sorry!

Anyway were on the 1st of September and I'm still non the wiser RE timetable... :confused:

Have you enrolled?
We have our first week timetable but we won't get the rest of the 3 years timetable until that week when we are put into groups and then it will be online for us.
So maybe it's the same for you?
However have you contacted the uni?
Some give out a rough timetable to some people and say it may change just to give you an idea as people have jobs families etc to organise.
Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mich90elle
Hi,

I have accepted an offer for the University of Manchester Adult Nursing. I was accepted for all 2 Manchester Uni's but felt UoM was the one for me.

I have worked full time since 17 and have decided to do the course now whilst im still fairly young (24), so will be a mature student.

Luckily enough, my current full-time employer has agreed to keep me on to do some hours outside of Univeristy time, which will help me massively to continue to pay bills etc (I have a house to pay for, student accomodation is not an option).

The issue I am faced with at the moment is that I have no idea what the time table for UoM is like, and need let my manager know so that we can agree to some hours.

Does anyone have any idea when the timetables are released? Or can any past/present adult nursing student at UoM give me an idea of what the timetable is like? - I have emailed the uni but so far have not had a reply.

Apologies if there is already a post about this, I have looked and have found similar topics around other uni's but I understand that UoM is quite different especially when it comes to the Nursing degree.

Thanks.

Michelle

Hi, I have just finished my first year in Optom at UoM and for pretty much everyone they give out your timetable in welcome week/freshers week. Even now we don't get our second year timetable until welcome week too - so I'm just assuming it is a standard thing for everyone :/ It is quite useful to get your timetable given to you there as they may talk you through it and which buildings to go to on different weeks as buildings etc can change, especially near the start of the year.

Quick Reply

Latest