The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Looking for a studio close to DMU

as the title says.

Scroll to see replies

Do you mean studio flat? If so, I had booked a flat to live in from september but due to circumstances regarding my course, I had to cancel

CODE Accomodation

Block A, Flat 43
42 Western Road
Leictester

LE3 0GH

10 minutes away from DMU campus, through Bede Park/Past the leisure centre and soar point pub

I had lived in Block D for my first year and the flats are brilliant :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Is that a single or double room?
When does the tenancy start and how much is the first installment?
Original post by Afua93
Is that a single or double room?
When does the tenancy start and how much is the first installment?

Double room, and you can move in from September 1st - and first installment is £1580 (which may seem a lot but trust me, you get A LOT for your money ^^)
Reply 4
doesn't even sound bad!
when is that first instalment due?
Reply 5
Original post by TheFemaleRed
Double room, and you can move in from September 1st - and first installment is £1580 (which may seem a lot but trust me, you get A LOT for your money ^^)

forgot to tag lol
July 24th :smile:
There's also Queens Court. If you go to sulets' website then they'll have more information on what's available, descriptions and a few photos. I think it's pricier than the other suggestion but the flats are bigger.
Reply 8
Original post by sliceofcake
There's also Queens Court. If you go to sulets' website then they'll have more information on what's available, descriptions and a few photos. I think it's pricier than the other suggestion but the flats are bigger.

I thought queens court was booked up?
Original post by Afua93
I thought queens court was booked up?

That's why I said check sulets, as I wasn't aware :smile: sorry
(i really need to find a tenant for the flat, otherwise I'm liable to pay the rent...and I won't even be living there >_<)
Reply 11
Original post by sliceofcake
That's why I said check sulets, as I wasn't aware :smile: sorry

yep I previously emailed them haha!

(i really need to find a tenant for the flat, otherwise I'm liable to pay the rent...and I won't even be living there >_<)

I heard that code tenancies run from Sept- August which completely put me off!
Original post by Afua93
yep I previously emailed them haha!

I heard that code tenancies run from Sept- August which completely put me off!

So that's a no?
Reply 13
So that's a no?

afraid so!
Original post by Afua93
afraid so!

Tenancies run from July 1st until June 30th the following year - installment due 24th July and then your 3 rents would be October, January and April. When you add all the benefits especially having your own kitchen and bathroom compared to other student accommodation CODE offers very good value for money. Things like contents insurance, broadband, gym membership, social lounges etc do not come as standard in other accommodation
(edited 9 years ago)

im really looking for a studio flat for september 2014 as ive just been accepted to dmu.
i am really interesed..
i have a few questions..
1, has the deposit been payed?
2, is it the deluxe flat?
3, are they leniant with the payment (would they adjust the installment dates to fit my uni money paydates if i send them a copy)
4, are the bills all inclusive in the rent...water gas, electric??
5, whats the view like?

Please get back to me asap!!! i really want a studio flat asap but i dnt really have the funds for a deposit at the moment!!! anyone else who needs someone to take over their flat, please please get back to me ASAP!!

OR YOU CAN EMAIL ME ON:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by confusedmuch93
im really looking for a studio flat for september 2014 as ive just been accepted to dmu.
i am really interesed..
i have a few questions..
1, has the deposit been payed?
2, is it the deluxe flat?
3, are they leniant with the payment (would they adjust the installment dates to fit my uni money paydates if i send them a copy)
4, are the bills all inclusive in the rent...water gas, electric??
5, whats the view like?

Please get back to me asap!!! i really want a studio flat asap but i dnt really have the funds for a deposit at the moment!!! anyone else who needs someone to take over their flat, please please get back to me ASAP!!

OR YOU CAN EMAIL ME ON:

1. I paid the £200 booking deposit, but you'll need to pay the first installment of £1580 which is the rent. Other rent is £1380
2. It's not the deluxe one, it's the standard flat/like the show flat but you get all the features of a CODE flat
3. If your student loan is late, you can go to the office and explain the situation to them and they can extend it until your loan is through (as far as I am aware, my student loan came on time) - They're really helpful staff so you should be okay
4. All the bills are included in rent, £105 a week
5. The view is of the street outside, as far as I am aware as it's the second floor of Block A (it was still being lived in when I booked so I didn't go to see)

Overall, you're getting a really good deal with this flat
1. I paid the £200 booking deposit, but you'll need to pay the first installment of £1580 which is the rent. Other rent is £1380
2. It's not the deluxe one, it's the standard flat/like the show flat but you get all the features of a CODE flat
3. If your student loan is late, you can go to the office and explain the situation to them and they can extend it until your loan is through (as far as I am aware, my student loan came on time) - They're really helpful staff so you should be okay
5. The view is of the street outside, as far as I am aware as it's the second floor of Block A (it was still being lived in when I booked so I didn't go to see)

When is the first instalment due? which of the code flats is it? and i only want to move in in september, so i wouldnt need to pay summer rent would i?
Original post by confusedmuch93
When is the first instalment due? which of the code flats is it? and i only want to move in in september, so i wouldnt need to pay summer rent would i?

July 24th is when it is due and you can move in from september 1st, then the next rent is October 24th and its Flat 43
(edited 9 years ago)
1. I paid the £200 bñooking deposit, but you'll need to pay the first installment of £1580 which is the rent. Other rent is £1380

My mistake, it is deluxe xD just checked online, deluxe inclusive for £105

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending