The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln Postgraduates 2014 +

I will be starting a PhD in English Literature this September and wanted to know what other postgraduates are out there.

Saul House is postgraduate accommodation. Is there any other option for us?

I'm aware there is a MAPS group on Facebook but wondered whether there was any other group? - MAPS seem a little inactive.
Hi. Not a PG but certainly accommodation aware. All accommodations will take PG Studnts but can not always guarantee, you would share with other PG. Saul House, is new this year and UNI is reporting it as Dedicated to PG or mature applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by John F Davies
I will be starting a PhD in English Literature this September and wanted to know what other postgraduates are out there.

Saul House is postgraduate accommodation. Is there any other option for us?

I'm aware there is a MAPS group on Facebook but wondered whether there was any other group? - MAPS seem a little inactive.

Hi, I'll be starting the MSc Forensic Psychology- I saw that facebook group too, there aren't many posts! Do you know where you'll be living yet? I've been given Saul House, it'd be nice to get to know some other postgrads before moving in!
Original post by Cessles
Hi, I'll be starting the MSc Forensic Psychology- I saw that facebook group too, there aren't many posts! Do you know where you'll be living yet? I've been given Saul House, it'd be nice to get to know some other postgrads before moving in!

Are you sure there's a MSc Forensic Psychology course? I'm not even sure how psychology could be related with forensics :tongue:

I'll be doing an MSc in Biotechnology, I'm unaware of any other people on my course. I'll most likely be commuting.

EDIT: Sorry, just found the page! It wasn't listed on the research programmes course list :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Eloades11
Are you sure there's a MSc Forensic Psychology course? I'm not even sure how psychology could be related with forensics :tongue:

I'll be doing an MSc in Biotechnology, I'm unaware of any other people on my course. I'll most likely be commuting.

EDIT: Sorry, just found the page! It wasn't listed on the research programmes course list :redface:

Ha yes, it would be a pretty big error in communication if it turned out that wasn't actually a course. It's psychology and the law basically, I think a lot of people think forensics and think forensic pathology, science etc. Forensic just means a scientific approach to investigating the law, or relating to courts of law.
Hi, I'm starting my Masters in Historical Studies in September. Am I the only one who hasn't been told what's happening next month? Apart from being told to enrol online, I haven't been given any info. :smile:
Original post by c_lizziey
Hi, I'm starting my Masters in Historical Studies in September. Am I the only one who hasn't been told what's happening next month? Apart from being told to enrol online, I haven't been given any info. :smile:

It's the same for me, I have my conditional offer letter and that's it. I'll try emailing my course director today, and see what he says. If he doesn't get back to me, then I'm going to call the admission team. I'd imagine they should've sent welcome packs out by now.

All I know is that the opening week is w/c 15th September.
I sent my results to [email protected] and asked them to send them on for me because I wasn't sure and they sorted it all out the same day. I then got an email saying about the online enrolment but that's all. What are you studying?
Also, does anyone know if stuff is happening during welcome week for postgrads because I can only find things about 'Freshers' stuff which is mainly undergrads :smile:
Original post by c_lizziey
I sent my results to [email protected] and asked them to send them on for me because I wasn't sure and they sorted it all out the same day. I then got an email saying about the online enrolment but that's all. What are you studying?
Also, does anyone know if stuff is happening during welcome week for postgrads because I can only find things about 'Freshers' stuff which is mainly undergrads :smile:

Oh I see, I didn't get an email after uploading my results :frown:

I'll be studying Biotechnology, I haven't found any other postgrads on my course yet. I've just looked on the website and found this PDF for postgraduates here. It's helped me a lot :smile:
Original post by Eloades11
Oh I see, I didn't get an email after uploading my results :frown:

I'll be studying Biotechnology, I haven't found any other postgrads on my course yet. I've just looked on the website and found this PDF for postgraduates here. It's helped me a lot :smile:

It probably won't be processed until Tuesday because of the bank holiday. I'd give them a ring on Wednesday if you haven't heard by then :smile:
Reply 10
Hi, starting at Lincoln on Sunday. I didn't wanna buy a wristband at those prices without knowing if my flatmates had them too. We've now all got our addresses and turns out they do but, the wristbands and events are sold out on the union website... Does anyone know if freshers can get the tickets on Monday when they go on sale again to returning students?? Or will we have to cue up to buy them at the doors? Thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest