The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yani_Baby93
Mods should close this lol it's pretty clear. Problem

solved.

The mods never close anything unless feminists or muslims are on the receiving end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is horrible. What is wrong with you?
If anyone thinks this is an acceptable way to end a relationship, I don't think they should be in one in the first place.

I was with a guy who grew more and more distant and it got to the point where I barely heard from him, then he sent me one text, sort of beginning to explain himself and I never heard from him again. He wouldn't let me ring him, ignored my text, nothing.

The feeling of being ignored is the worst. Any break up is gonna hurt, but at least if you get a proper explanation you get closure, you're not just left wondering what the hell's going on...
Man the **** up and face your problems! nobody deserves to be ignored
Original post by gemmam
Would you be completely fine with someone breaking up with you this way then?

You have to be. There's nothing you can do about it. If you invest in someone it doesn't mean that person have a responsibility to do anything for you. It is our right to ignore people if we want to. Some relationships are unreliable and you have to be flexible.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bumblebee342
If anyone thinks this is an acceptable way to end a relationship, I don't think they should be in one in the first place.

I was with a guy who grew more and more distant and it got to the point where I barely heard from him, then he sent me one text, sort of beginning to explain himself and I never heard from him again. He wouldn't let me ring him, ignored my text, nothing.

The feeling of being ignored is the worst. Any break up is gonna hurt, but at least if you get a proper explanation you get closure, you're not just left wondering what the hell's going on...

He doesn't have a responsibility to do anything for you. It's not just acceptable, it's our right to ignore someone if we want to.
Original post by crazytown2014
He doesn't have a responsibility to do anything for you. It's not just acceptable, it's our right to ignore someone if we want to.

I didn't say he did. And if I thought he did, I would have nagged him and told him he couldn't treat me the way he did, but I didn't. I picked myself up, accepted that some people don't really give a **** and got over it.
I just think that if you've told someone that you care about them right up to the point where you don't want to/can't be with them any more, you could at least have the courtesy to tell them that, not just back out without saying a word.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by crazytown2014
You have to be. There's nothing you can do about it. If you invest in someone it doesn't mean that person have a responsibility to do anything for you. It is our right to ignore people if we want to. Some relationships are unreliable and you have to be flexible.

So would you break up with someone this way yourself then? Yes people can ignore someone if they wish, however it isn't socially acceptable by most people's standards (as you can see from the replies in this thread) to end a relationship this way. In this case the OP has been in a relationship with this girl for several months; she's not just some randomer he's been chatting to online. If someone feels that it is acceptable to end a relationship that way then they shouldn't have been in one in the first place IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by After7
I met her at university and have been together for over 6 months. We've both gone back to our own hometowns now and i don't feel like being in a long distance relationship and there are things about her past I don't like but don't wanna hear her sob over it either.

So think I'm just gonna ignore her texts and calls. Is the fade out ever an acceptable method?

It is absolutely unacceptable to just fade out like that. You pig.

Be a REAL man and fake your own death. It can be troubling and a bit of hard work, but if you pull it off, you never have to deal with the backlash or guilt of breaking up with her. Plus you get the satisfaction of knowing that at least a single person will mourn you once you've perished. I'd say overall it's well worth considering my friend, my last 3 ex girlfriends were completely spared the humiliation of having to tell their friends they got dumped. Sometimes I give to the Ronald McDonald charity aswell.

If you want any more info on faking your death pm me
Original post by After7
I met her at university and have been together for over 6 months. We've both gone back to our own hometowns now and i don't feel like being in a long distance relationship and there are things about her past I don't like but don't wanna hear her sob over it either.

So think I'm just gonna ignore her texts and calls. Is the fade out ever an acceptable method?

No thats childish just be a man and tell her.
Original post by sliceofcake
I'm going to ignore how incredibly rude this would be, and the potential of it being a troll. My answer is to anyone considering this: think about it logically, if you ignore them, the problem won't go away. They will keep calling and texting and it will end up as more of an issue than if you had just said it was over.

Lol, I'd like to see that. Let's try 2 weeks.
Grow a pair instead of doing something so childish and rude.
Grow a pair and tell her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be fair a lot of women do this too... they just ignore calls and txts until you give up...
Try growing a pair?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No no don't do it that way, imagine the roles in reverse. ... If you respect her you'll tell her like a man x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clearly someone lacks the balls and is no man if they would even contemplate doing such a thing.
Reply 57
This leaves her confused. Why would you want to do that? Just tell her and move the **** on.
Reply 58
Just tell her :K:
Original post by Alfissti
Clearly someone lacks the balls and is no man if they would even contemplate doing such a thing.

It's about having balls, he isn't obligated to say anything. It just so happens he's lost interest.

Latest

Trending

Trending