The Student Room Group

Where should i go to do my A-Levels? Help???

basically the choice is between a sixth form in a school where i spent probably the worst five years of my life (bullying, depression etc) and overly strict rules, but is v highly recommended with v good a-level results and opportunities, or a college which offers more independence and a generally much more positive environment but possibly worse prospective a-level grades? which would you choose?
Original post by aaannie
basically the choice is between a sixth form in a school where i spent probably the worst five years of my life (bullying, depression etc) and overly strict rules, but is v highly recommended with v good a-level results and opportunities, or a college which offers more independence and a generally much more positive environment but possibly worse prospective a-level grades? which would you choose?

I would go with the college because it sounds like you will be happier there. You will do a lot better in an ok college if you are happy than a great school if you are miserable.
Original post by aaannie

If I were you, I would go for another college because you can make a fresh new start and might be a lot happier and not have to put up with bullying and depression etc. Plus, a lot of people in your year group probably wouldn't know each other and you'd be able to befriend new classmates. If you're a lot happier, you'll probably do even better than you would at the sixth form because you'd have less stress and misery and be able to focus on your A Levels more.
Original post by aaannie

I would definitely leave if you are feeling so miserable that it is making you feel depressed. I left the six form when I went to school because I was being bullied. I ended up going to a lovely college where no one knew me and I managed to make friends that I am still in contact with now.

I feel that life is what you make of it. If you go to the college with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn then you will do well. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest