The Student Room Group

A-level Maths

I read that you only take 3 modules in year 12, but how many would you take if you were to do maths and further maths?
Original post by TheAstrocist
I read that you only take 3 modules in year 12, but how many would you take if you were to do maths and further maths?

Probably 6.
2 Core and 1 Applied Module for Maths, 1 Core and 2 Applied for Further Maths.
Original post by loperdoper
2 Core and 1 Applied Module for Maths, 1 Core and 2 Applied for Further Maths.

Some people do all 4 core units for 'nearer' Maths and 2 applied units for maths in one year (i.e. do all of A-Level maths in one hear and then all of A-Level further maths the year after that).
My modules:
Year 1: C1, C2, S1, FP1, M1, D1.
Year 2: C3, C4, S2, FP2, FP3, M2, (FPT?)
So 6 exams in both years?
So 6 exams in both years?

6 exams in each year, yeah.
Reply 7
Most likely you will do all of A2 maths in year 12 and all of A2 further maths in year 13

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some do all of AS/A2 maths in year 12 and then AS/A2 further in year 13

Some do AS maths and further in year 12 and A2 in year 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

You take Core 1 and Core 2 in your first month then go home for a while and finish the remianing modules by March, Then you go on an expedition to India.

There is a lot of variability

Some schools do 6 modules in each year - some split this differently - we do 7+6 - I know school that does 4+8

Some do all Maths in Y12 and all FM in Y13 - others do AS for both in Y12 and A2 for both in Y13

You should ask your school how they do this - I am surprised that they have not told you - we include the breakdown in the prospectus
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending