The Student Room Group

Why am I so indecisive?

I'm always so indecisive about everything. When I was choosing my AS subjects, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do, so I chose some random subjects which allowed my choices to stay open (which didn't really help, ironically). Then I started to think about what I wanted to study at univeristy but just didn't know what to study, and jumped around between different things like law, finance, french(?)...now I don't know whether to drop English or History next year, and I'm not sure what uni to go to....help me :frown:
Honestly, I'm exactly the same! I changed my mind several times on what degree I wanted to apply for, eventually stuck to one, applied, got all offers, and then decided I didn't want to do it and so emailed my firm choice asking to change to a degree I'd previously considered :lol: but I've finally stuck to this and know I'll be happy, it just takes time. I recommend giving a lot of thought into your options and not rushing for the sake of making a decision you may regret :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by lightningdoritos
I'm always so indecisive about everything. When I was choosing my AS subjects, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do, so I chose some random subjects which allowed my choices to stay open (which didn't really help, ironically). Then I started to think about what I wanted to study at univeristy but just didn't know what to study, and jumped around between different things like law, finance, french(?)...now I don't know whether to drop English or History next year, and I'm not sure what uni to go to....help me :frown:

I would over the summer get some work experience in relivent sectors, ie ask a local accountancy firm for WE. Then for what you enjoy in the WE tailor your subjects and Uni courses around that.
Original post by Changing Skies
Honestly, I'm exactly the same! I changed my mind several times on what degree I wanted to apply for, eventually stuck to one, applied, got all offers, and then decided I didn't want to do it and so emailed my firm choice asking to change to a degree I'd previously considered :lol: but I've finally stuck to this and know I'll be happy, it just takes time. I recommend giving a lot of thought into your options and not rushing for the sake of making a decision you may regret :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you change from and to? :smile: I'm glad it worked out for you!
Original post by hlyon200
I would over the summer get some work experience in relivent sectors, ie ask a local accountancy firm for WE. Then for what you enjoy in the WE tailor your subjects and Uni courses around that.

Unfortunately all the places I applied to this year turned me down :frown:
What did you change from and to? :smile: I'm glad it worked out for you!

Evolutionary/Biological Anthropology to Biological Sciences and History :smile: thank you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't make a decision to save my life, you're not alone.
Original post by Changing Skies
Evolutionary/Biological Anthropology to Biological Sciences and History :smile: thank you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow that's a big change! Did you have to rewrite your personal statement?

Original post by Maid Marian
I can't make a decision to save my life, you're not alone.

Glad I'm not alone
wow that's a big change! Did you have to rewrite your personal statement?

It is! Thankfully not, I literally just emailed the uni, they looked at my application and said it was fine to swap :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending