The Student Room Group

Minecraft Thread

Hey guys, I couldn't find a Minecraft thread so I made one. Talk about anything Minecraft here, servers, updates, other players to play with etc :smile:

Scroll to see replies

What server does everyone normally play on?

I have a hard time finding a decent one where I actually understand what to do! I just want to earn money and build my house and stuff!
I tried the demo, several times in fact, with the aim of... Minecrafting... without the use of a wiki.

I lasted no more than the first night.

Anyway, more interesting that my pathetic escapade in to the world of Minecraft is the whole T&Cs argument around monetisation of in-game items which give a player a competitive advantage. What do you guys think to that?
Reply 3
Original post by rayquaza17
What server does everyone normally play on?

I have a hard time finding a decent one where I actually understand what to do! I just want to earn money and build my house and stuff!

Honestly I drift from server to server because like you, I can't find a decent one, I've been playing on one called hometown but I kinda got bored after I built a house and such. I might play a modpack but I will be such a noob at it and won't know any of the items.

Original post by mikeyd85
I tried the demo, several times in fact, with the aim of... Minecrafting... without the use of a wiki.

I lasted no more than the first night.

Anyway, more interesting that my pathetic escapade in to the world of Minecraft is the whole T&Cs argument around monetisation of in-game items which give a player a competitive advantage. What do you guys think to that?

You could watch a video of a playthrough I guess as it won't tell you everything about Minecraft, but just enough to survive the first night and such. You could always play on a server with others as it will be easier to learn the game opposed to being alone I think.

I really dislike the idea of in-game items which give players a better advantage because it's unfair on others who can't pay for these items and it will dissuade them from playing. I think it's just stupid overall.
the last time i played MC was 2 years ago when minecraft was at 1.3
Original post by ozzie2
Hey guys, I couldn't find a Minecraft thread so I made one. Talk about anything Minecraft here, servers, updates, other players to play with etc :smile:

There was a pretty large thread on it but it died out last year :erm:
Original post by ozzie2
Honestly I drift from server to server because like you, I can't find a decent one, I've been playing on one called hometown but I kinda got bored after I built a house and such. I might play a modpack but I will be such a noob at it and won't know any of the items.

I've seen twitch streams where they have mods on and it just seems so confusing with all of the extra items and it doesn't really look like fun.

I don't think you can buy items in game in minecraft, only in actual servers? I don't see anything wrong with that though because people need to pay the bills for their servers.
Reply 7
Oh well then....

I've seen twitch streams where they have mods on and it just seems so confusing with all of the extra items and it doesn't really look like fun.

I don't think you can buy items in game in minecraft, only in actual servers? I don't see anything wrong with that though because people need to pay the bills for their servers.

Yeah there's all those modpacks like tekkit and stuff but it can be so tedious to learn everything on it so I end up not playing them. I like more simpler stuff :smile:

Most servers can pay the bills for them with donations and don't need to sell stuff in game to get the money. Yes they may use it to improve the server but it still can put some players in an unfair disadvantage
mc.hypixel.net
us.shotbow.net or eu.shotbow.net
us.playmindcrack.com

Not your normal minecraft servers but they're still decent
Reply 9
Original post by the_human_oreo
mc.hypixel.net
us.shotbow.net or eu.shotbow.net
us.playmindcrack.com

Not your normal minecraft servers but they're still decent

Yeah they have loads of minigames and such right?
minecraft died out two years ago. i played it a bit today and it is the same thing i did two years ago lol
Saw a Twitch stream today of a mine cart. It seems as if this cart has been moving for the past 2 days.

Why do people watch this?

http://www.twitch.tv/jl2579

Apparently the track length is twice the diameter of the Earth.
Subbing
I only play pixelmon cx but the two servers I usually play on have both been down for atleast 4 days :c also i'm not impressed with the latest update for pixelmon :/
I usually run servers myself, I'm actually planning on starting mine back up soon.
Saw a Twitch stream today of a mine cart. It seems as if this cart has been moving for the past 2 days.

Why do people watch this?

http://www.twitch.tv/jl2579

Apparently the track length is twice the diameter of the Earth.

Well he's travelling to the far lands, just like Kurt, only at a much faster rate.
Reply 16
Original post by the_human_oreo
Well he's travelling to the far lands, just like Kurt, only at a much faster rate.

I don't know why people are so obsessed with the farlands, sure it's interesting to see it if it is there. But I wouldn't watch for days hoping to see it
I've been working on the spawn area for my server, it's taken a hell of a long time so far.

Original post by LukeyJB
I've been working on the spawn area for my server, it's taken a hell of a long time so far.

Looks good so far.

Are you going to share the ip/url with us so we can join when you are finished?? :smile:
Original post by ozzie2
I don't know why people are so obsessed with the farlands, sure it's interesting to see it if it is there. But I wouldn't watch for days hoping to see it

Well it is for charity and there are prizes up for grabs

Quick Reply

Latest